Keg Leak?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eamonnfoley

Foleybraü
Reaction score
My beer has been kegged for about a week after using the Ross method of forced carbonation. I now have it set to 10psi. It comes out with a fair bit of of foam, but fairly flat in the body. Could this indicate a slow gas leak? The keg pressure seems fairly constant on the gauge.

im no expert on the subject but sounds like you have over carbed, take it off the gas, release pressure, give it a rock, leave it a while then release pressure again. might have to be done a few times over 24hrs then should be good to go with the pressure set on pouring pressure. next time if your going to leave it a week connect keg to gas at serving pressure and at the end of the week it will be good to go.

if you still suspect leak then spray keg with soapy water and look for bubbles.

it doesn't sound like a leak to me, sounds like a balance problem

try reading this topic especially the end bit on foaming

Link

This is a very common problem.

In the gear and equipment forum, I searched on the keyword foam and came up with this link.

Follow the directions in that thread and you will be fine.

Hot tap can cause it too. As stated in linked info, open the tap fully when pouring. Over-carb could also be an issue.

I have tried the Ross method twice. Both times I got lots of head and no bubbles in the beer.
Maybe I do it wrong....I don't do it anymore. I want the bubbles in the beer :D

Cheers,
Bud

Back