Keg Fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danial

Reaction score
Has anyone used quick connect air hose fitting for kegs and manifolds?

Seems to be a cheaper alternative. Im planning on making my own style kegs, I cant see why these wouldnt be suitable.

Seems to be a cheaper alternative. Im planning on making my own style kegs, I cant see why these wouldnt be suitable.
Probably the only thing I can see as an issue is leakage. It's not an issue when you are just using air but CO2 is both expensive and dangerous in confined spaces. I thought about this option too but at the end of the day I wanted to have common fittings so I can swap kegs with mates etc without giving thought to compatability issues :) .
Cheers
Doug

I use those air hose fitting in the gas line in my kegerator. No problems yet. They are quite handy and not that expensive. But I never used them for liquids. Was thinking about it, too. If they tend to be suitable for the beer line, I probably replace my conectors.. Has anyone experience with these couplers on the suction side of a pump?

Alex

I use this type of brass garden hose connection from Bunnings with with Silicone hose they work well I think Air hose connections work on a similar method.

Pumpy :)

DSC03798.JPG

Id be more concerned about the rubber seals tainting the beer with odd flavours with prolonged contact with the beer...are they food grade seals...

It's only an o-ring, could be replaced with lovely silicone versions for a few $$.

Latest posts

Back