Keezer set up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahferg

Reaction score
I got a second hand chest freezer, put a timber collar on it, stained it at and this is the end result. Any feedback is welcome.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444821453.847440.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444821476.207556.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444821497.278146.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444821513.373096.jpg

Looks great.....except those two E's signs need to go.

I like the idea of the foam behind the timber collar.

Pok

I reckon spray the lid black and it will look pretty shmick. I like the wood stain on the actual freezer.

How do you find pouring at that height? I brought a chest freezer the other day for my keezer build in a few weeks (bloody uni exam and work) and was going to go with a post as I was thinking pouring down that low would suck.

brzt6060 said:
How do you find pouring at that height? I brought a chest freezer the other day for my keezer build in a few weeks (bloody uni exam and work) and was going to go with a post as I was thinking pouring down that low would suck.
I have a similar setup and built a base for it out of a pallet and put castors on it. Mine is pretty rough but would be easy enough to pretty up if desired.

Brzt6060 it pour just fine, I father has just built one for himself and he is working well as well.
I used timber stain one the outside and have a bar mat now on top. The two Es signs have been replace since the photo with a Morgan's iPa.

Looks good. Is that just an electronic thermometer mounted on the front of the collar? Do you have that as well as an STC for controlling the temp?

Yep Earle. no I don't have a stc I got a new thermostat that has been cycled for a chest freezer off eBay and took the freezer one out.

The $ 39:00 one that replaces the freezer thermostat available from an Aussie retailer ?

I asked a fridgey about them and he said they work perfectly.
It's what I will use for my ( planned) kegerator as an stc wouldn't suit .

Latest posts

Back