Keezer advise (205L hisense chest freezer)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielscott26

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at building a keezer and was looking at getting the hisense 205 litre chest freezer from good guys but I'm unsure how many kegs this would hold. I would like to have 4-5 kegs in the freezer. I was just wondering if anyone has used the hisense 205 litre chest freezer for making a keezer and if they would recommend it and how many kegs can you fit.

Thanks daniel

Hey mate,
I've just bought one from good guys ebay sale - 20% off, came to $286, store pick up.
I'm stoked with it, only had it a month or so though. Can't fault it so far.
No need for collar with my corny kegs and fits 4 kegs wouldn't fit any more unless you put a collar on it then maybe 2 more?
Would fit 2 x 9.5 lt kegs on the compressor hump though.
I've just used a stc temp controller at this stage.
My shed gets super hot, some days tee-shirt off hot. Hisense was maintaining the 3 degree setpoint and only noted the compressor running a couple of times during the day.
The fridge it replaced was running all day.... but it was shagged.
See pics -

1.JPG
2.JPG3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Thanks mate that looks awesome exactly what I'm after. I would like to put a collar on so can hopefully get a 5th keg in but if not I'm still happy with 4.
Thanks for your reply

Works well with a collar. I have 4 kegs in mine. I use both pin and ball lock kegs, the pin locks are shorter and fatter which means they take up more room inside. 4 taps was fine for me too - taps & shanks ain't cheap!

WP_20170119_18_43_34_Pro.jpg

Ferg said:
Works well with a collar. I have 4 kegs in mine. I use both pin and ball lock kegs, the pin locks are shorter and fatter which means they take up more room inside. 4 taps was fine for me too - taps & shanks ain't cheap!
That looks good Ferg can I ask how you made your collar and what materials you used? Would love to see a photo of how you set up the inside as well if you have one.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back