Jockey (miracle) Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myles_3000

Reaction score
I have read some past threads on this...but there doesnt seem to be anything recently...
I am looking at building a jockey box and trying to figure out the best way to go. I have priced two stainless coils for about $300 for both...Then you have the cost of taps, eski and fittings (maybe $420-$450)....For that price i can go and buy a good quality eski that will fit 3 Kegs. So not looking to spend that much on building a set up.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to obtain stainless coils elsewhere for a better price....Or any other suggestions on how to do it?

I am tossing around the idea of just using nylon beer line...Any thoughts on this? (Perhaps 8mm o/d 6mm i/d so to give it a thinner outter wall than the 5mm i/d)

Any suggestions of experiences would be much appreciated!

compared to coils, cold plates are more efficient as they sit in the cold slurry in the bottom of the esky & don't get exposed to the air when the ice melts.

there was a recent thread http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=51098 where a fellow AHB er was selling a couple.

I picked up a dual circuit unit on ebay a couple of years ago for around $120.

Do a search too - some guys on here have used coils of plastic beer line....

Cheers mate. That type of chill place looks to be the way to go. Should be able to chuck it in the bottom of the eski, and still fill the rest of it with cans (and a little food) rather than getting a second eski.

Now to track one down!

Youre a champion. Unfortunately that seller wont post internationally, but im sure i will be able to find someone to! Looks to be the right price!

Back