James Squire Pale Ale - New Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up having another one of these to give it another go. It was much better than the first time though still not much to it. The mouth feel was completely different leading me to believe I did in fact have a Tooheys Extra Dry the first time.

It's a really really dumbed down pale ale. But it's pleasant enough.

I was given a carton of pale ale by a customer so it's enjoyable enough for a freebie.
The golden ale is now available in cans (I think 250 ml). What a waste of money.

apologies if this link has been posted already.
Tony Jones head brewer reviewing 150 lashes. Talks about it not being overly hoppy or much aroma or something ....

I learnt a couple of things
1 - Hopped with Willamette (tas), Nelson Sauvign (NZ) & Amarillo (US)
2 - Willamette is pronounced wil-LAM-it (I always pronounced it Will-a-met)

Tony Jones reviewing Cider here

Cider review youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
they use 36 specks of hop dust in this beer!

apologies if this link has been posted already.
Tony Jones head brewer reviewing 150 lashes. Talks about it not being overly hoppy or much aroma or something ....

I learnt a couple of things
1 - Hopped with Willamette (tas), Nelson Sauvign (NZ) & Amarillo (US)
2 - Willamette is pronounced wil-LAM-it (I always pronounced it Will-a-met)

Tony Jones reviewing Cider here

Cider review youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the one fifty pale ale at the AB in Glebe last night. I am a fan of th JS beers and always defend the Golden Ale, when others have gone off it. Anyway, my bro & I had a jug of it. Fairly underwhelmed. Back to the Golden Ales. Was hoping for a big hop punch, but no.

I gave this another shot last night (at the suggestion of SWMBO). At the same venue too. It was great. Not excellent, but yep, great. Very happy with it now. Hops were there! Really is a good Aussie Ale.

I also had the Little Creatures Big Dipper (DIPA) on tap at the same venue. Wow - what a beer. SWMBO loved it and said it was something like I would brew.
Looks like LC are getting it right then :icon_cheers: :lol:

Latest posts

Back