How To Pick Up A Fridge Or Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafatdude

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently bit the bullet and decided to give this kegging business a go. Picked up two cornies, reg, lines and a tap for a steal and looking at getting a fridge or freezer to install it all in.

I'm looking at getting a second hand one but that mean's i'll have to pickup the fridge myself and take it home. I dont have a trailer or a van, so i was hoping someone could suggest a solution. I live in Perth (western suburbs) and i'm trying to work out if it's cheaper to hire a van (Tarago or bigger) or to just get a trailer. I dont really know which is cheaper, so if anyone has any experience hiring either of these in Perth?

Another thing, does the hire of these usually come with a trolley? I have to lug the thing up a flight of stairs, so i wanna try and wheel it as close to the stairs as possible before I have to apply some old fashion lifting :D

Mate, check out e-bay. Some of the people flogging whitegoods are happy to deliver in their ute for a few extra $$ if you are close by. Ask before bidding naturally.

Been keeping my eye out, unfortunately most selling in Perth wont deliver.

Might be cheaper to fidn a taxi truck that will move it.

I'd be happy to see you at the Murdoch University Chiropractic clinic after you grunt one up the flight of stairs....

Bloke, living in the Western Suburbs has it's advantages :) (I don't live there but do work there). I have scored one fridge and one freezer from the back of the Claremont Retravision (I asked first and they were fine with it). Both worked fine and were probably just 'set aside' for someones Stainless Kitchen makeover ;) . My trailer is currently busy but will be free for a loan probably next week if that helps ? Sorry but no trolly :-( Just PM me if you are interested.

Happy hunting
Cheers
Doug

Hire a cage trailer from any servo for $30 for the day....at least in melbourne you can.

got any mates with a van or ute? They also come in handy for getting fridges up stairs :beer:

Hire a trailer with a ramp at any Shell servo.

They should be able to get you a trolley too.

or if your really concerned europcar do moving vans with lifts and trolleys for $100 a day.

dafatdude,when transporting a fridge/freezer when you get it home let it stand and settle ? before you plug it in and switch it on. dont ask me why but an old fridgie told me this years ago,and i never had any prob,s and always transport the fridge/freezer in the upright position. ....cheers...spog..

sack truck @ bunnings or super auto cheap for around 17 bucks

Back