Horns Across the Nation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did see them once or twice soon after he left and that's when I decided I didn't like the new guy.

I am listening to their latest album now and I like his style on this one much more than on Symbols of Failure.

Yeah I think on symbols he was trying to emulate chalky's style but it just doesn't suit his voice.

completely unrelated.. I've been smashing this album this week. Eryn Non Dae from France. It covers a lot of ground - described as sludge/math/post etc but I think labels are irrelevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECV8sG076hs

So I rang up the Bendigo during the week to find out meth drinker were scheduled for just before 11.
Great - time for futsal, quick shower and get across town in time. Only thing is - when we get there, I find out they swapped with a (local) outfit and had already finished up.
Shit happens as they say but what the girl at the door neglected to tell us as she charged us full price entry was that the current and final band had less than 20 minutes left. Way to rip off your punters.

Was pretty decent clean nz lager for the price. Pale malt, bittering hop (maybe nz hallertau), clean lager yeast, drunk out of a plastic pint glass while listening to a sludgy bass wall and an angry bloke yelling at whoever stole his biscuits.

manticle said:
So I rang up the Bendigo during the week to find out meth drinker were scheduled for just before 11.
Great - time for futsal, quick shower and get across town in time. Only thing is - when we get there, I find out they swapped with a (local) outfit and had already finished up.
Shit happens as they say but what the girl at the door neglected to tell us as she charged us full price entry was that the current and final band had less than 20 minutes left. Way to rip off your punters.
Emailed the guy in charge of music bookings, got immediate acknowledgement and apology.
Said should have been 2 for 1 at that time of night, offer of drink or free entry next time I'm there. Can't say fairer than that, appreciated.

Curly79 said:
Hey Spork. How is Devvies new album?
oops, sorry for the late reply
Yeah, it's...
Quite a let down :(
I had such high hopes for it and was pretty disappointed with the final product
It's not a bad album in and of itself, but it's just no where near the quality of the music Devy usually pumps out
Though I spose with the stuff he's been doing lately, I shouldn't have been expecting something that was more or less a SYL leftover (as ZTO was)

Yob live.
Reminds me a bit of the Woodstock footage.
Only its in whats looks to be a vacant lot in an industrial area, not a dairy paddock.

http://youtu.be/k6uw02tVpCo

sp0rk said:
oops, sorry for the late reply
Yeah, it's...
Quite a let down :(
I had such high hopes for it and was pretty disappointed with the final product
It's not a bad album in and of itself, but it's just no where near the quality of the music Devy usually pumps out
Though I spose with the stuff he's been doing lately, I shouldn't have been expecting something that was more or less a SYL leftover (as ZTO was)
Yeah. Strapping are one of my all time faves but Devvies side projects have failed to impress me much. In saying that I havnt listened to em all. Remember seein strapping at the corner hotel years ago. Maybe 2002? Best fucken night ever. Great live!

I'm with you on the sentiment, Devvies solo stuff always seems so one dimensional. Impeccable production and skill etc, but generally kind of bleh.
Alien has to be one of my favourite albums of all time. So much shit going on.

I'd agree that Dev's solo stuff isn't his best, although I'm a fan of Ocean Machine and Infinity, my favourite Strapping album is City, so many top riffs.

I already probably mentioned belzebong in this thread but I've been really enjoying them a lot lately.
Just ordered their album from discogs.

Back