Hops From Ebay Delivery Estimates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some of the Amarillo and threw it out after making a DrS's Golden with it.

I got a few pounds of hops from hopsnstuff. Not getting anymore! :icon_vomit:

QldKev

Just that I thought Amarillo is a proprietary hop owned by 1 company and AFAIK it's only licensed to be grown at their farm in the US.

you are correct - all sounds very suss to me, especially after the aroma (or lack of) being reported.

Cheers Ross

Didn't have to wait much longer, they arrived today!

In that Case, very suss indeed! USA to Poland to Russia and then to me - and that is cheaper than if I buy from the USA?

Charst, let us know what you think of them. Do they smell like cat's piss? :lol:
Mind you QldKev, Chadjaja and Ekul seem to think they're not much good.

I bought some Amarillo from hopsdirect a couple of months back and i've been left underwhelmed by their profile in relation to what i expected. Considering i'm not alone in this, hopefully what everyone got was indeed Amarillo. Quick search of some US forums and there is no reports in lack of quality in this year's harvest. Although there is some chat about shortages and problems with the harvest.

Amarillo hops are privately grown only by Virgil Gamache Farms; the organization holds a trademark on the name "Amarillo."

I'm all paranoid now :(
Mine are marked 2009 crop. 10% AA
Might make up a small hop tea and see if the aroma is "cat-pissy" :icon_vomit:

I'm all paranoid now :(
Mine are marked 2009 crop. 10% AA
Might make up a small hop tea and see if the aroma is "cat-pissy" :icon_vomit:

while the Amarillo i have is not what i expected... it's certainly not "cat-pissy". I find that it still has a quite pleasant aroma and flavour. I've even had some very positive comments from some well respected brewers/tasters/judges in respect to one of the beers that uses alot of it - 5g/L. I plan to enter a beer with alot of Amarillo in an upcoming comp... so we'll see what the comments are.

Latest posts

Back