Health Issues Related To Every Day Drinking?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand does this mean if you weigh 50kg or 100kg you can only have 2 drinks a night

I drink most nights between 2 - 6 glasses of beer while my wife does not drink at all I am never sick while she gets sick all the time

I don't think is comes down to just 1 factor in your life if you are healthy who cares if you over indulge every now and then I think it is unhealthy to eat 2 chocolate bars everyday

I actually did some research on this last year too, using a piece of software called "Foodworks" you put into it everything you eat and then it tells you what you need more of\less of. The funny thing was that if I didn't have my 3 long necks a night I'd be quite severely malnourished and not have enough energy to get though the day. Plus all the cheese and biscuits I was having with my beer I though was just a tasty treat, but I didn't get the calcium from any where else because I don't like milk.

I went to a Driver Intervention Program a couple of months ago (lost my licence from two fines: red light and speeding... don't worry, nothing to do with hooning or drinking at all) and they were telling us about alcohol and driving and said that it is understood that with a healthy and perfectly functioning liver, one's liver will process one standard drinks worth of alcohol out within an hour. They also said that it is exactly the same for both women AND men, no matter what size or weight or experience with drinking... Part of their support to this statement was that a man can donate his liver to a woman and vice versa, and a young person can donate to an old person and vice versa. Someone who weighs a bazillion tons can donate to someone who can fly if they hold their shirt out in the wind.

Basically, everyone's liver is essentially the same. And it is the liver that processes the alcohol, not your stomach or your bigness etc... Interesting conversation it was!

If your going to enjoy your homebrew everyday..

Follow good diet, drink atleast 2ltrs of water a day... and get some excercise, if you don't like running, start lifting, heavy, 3 times a week. Lift weights while you drink beer - bonus strength for moving around heavy fermenters :D

Drinking and just being a slob in the other areas will see you some health problems down the track, diabetes, liver problems, who knows, i wouldn't risk it.

Think of it this way, the healthier you are, the more brews you will taste before the end :)

To be honest, blokes here saying they drink up to a 6 pack a night blew me away, no disrespect here though. I sample one of my brews every now and then, and only drink a 6 pack if im with mates and wanna get happy, its not a rule i have given myself, i'm just not that thirsty for it.

To be honest, blokes here saying they drink up to a 6 pack a night blew me away, no disrespect here though. I sample one of my brews every now and then, and only drink a 6 pack if im with mates and wanna get happy, its not a rule i have given myself, i'm just not that thirsty for it.

Same here - I usually have 1 beer a night if I'm just chilling at home not doing anything in particular. Some people on this board must have iron livers, if i drank as much as some of them I'd be half cut every night!

just seen this thread now
I drink about 6 nights a week 5-8 stubbies, I think i might drink to much, but about 2 months ago i had a blood test and they said my liver was fine! even know i notice yellow in the corners of my eyes, So i dont think that is always 100%!

well im no doctor but 1 or 2 a day wont hurt [well i hope it wont anyway] as long as you have 1 or 2 days a week with NO ALCOHOL thats what the doc told me and im 29 drinking most days but i have 3 or 4 longnecks................

Shit I though it was 1 or 2 for breakfast wont hurt...

QldKev

thank f*&^ck for that I thought it was another thread on health issues relating to drinking alcohol where everyone takes it in turns saying how many alcohol free days a week they have. AussieJosh is you're eyes are yellow go to the doctors.

LoL Steve are you drunk!?

Cause i am,,,,,,,

As i said i did go to the Dr and he said my liver was fine! Thats what i was talking about, just cause parts of your white may be a tad yellow does not always meen your liver is fucked

1 to 2 days off a week, that's why they invented night shift!

Latest posts

Back