Heading to the States over Christmas.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just arrived, first shop I walked into...

Spoilt for choice... Can't make up my mind

grab as many as you can!! :)

21st amendment's brew free or die ipa came in cans when i was there earlier this year. bloody amazing.

Just played Golf... 19th hole... Lagunitas IPA on tap. Don't mind if I do.

This place is blowing my mind!

argon said:
Just arrived, first shop I walked into...

Spoilt for choice... Can't make up my mind
I'd be stuck there dithering for ages...
Have a good one Argon.

Edit sp

Yet to buy anything yet. Probably get a few tonight. Almost too much choice... Dithering indeed. Even the euro beers and sours etc are more plentiful and cheaper

I'd include Arctic Saison in any purchase (but you probably would know that).

arctic.jpg

You spoilt *******!
One from Green Flash brewery to try is their Palate Wrecker IPA.
Also if you haven't tried it, Hop Rod Rye from Bear Republic. Can't find it here in Perth anymore as the importer has stopped bringing it in apparently.

Round 1 may have gone a bit heavy on the IPAs. $60 worth of beer.

Enjoy the break Argon, if you did it over here it would have cost three times as much. Lucky so and so!
PS. Can you ever go to heavy on IPA's?

Le Freak. Says blend of IPA and Trippel. 2 of my favourite beers from Green Flash. This is now number 3. I've tried a few Belgian IPAs and made one. This is how it's supposed to be. Belgian fruity, banana esters mixed with firm bitterness. Great beer, even at 9+%. Easy drinking.

West coast IPA. Had it before and have determined it my fav IPA. But **** me... Fresh is best!! Holy shit... Get this beer. Resin, grass, hops, hops, hops. Sooooo good.

Stone Ruination... No photo, cuz **** u... I'm headed to see some NBA so drinking outta a red cup.

More malt in this compared to West Coast IPA. Still lots of resin, very fresh hoppiness, firm bitterness but a balanced malty body and sweetness. Very drinkable.

Dogfishead 90min IPA.

Not overly enthused by this one. Hops were present although a bit muted. Maybe not so fresh? Still had decent malt and sweetness, very drinkable, just no standout vs the others I've got at hand.

In contrast I didn't hold high hopes for this one, but was pleasantly surprised. Had a few new belgiums before... Mostly Fat Tire due to it's wide availability. Thought that they were a little commercial, but this IIPA was great. Very fresh resiny green hoppiness and a good malty sweetness. Will have again.

I just moved to Oz after 5 yrs in Sonoma County, and your picture of the beer shelves is making me homesick!

I agree on the Dogfish Head 90-minute -- good, but not the hop bomb it's cracked up to be, and I don't think it's an issue of freshness because I've had it in Delaware too. I reckon it gets higher marks because reviewers are half-drunk by the time they've had two bottles of it (9% IIRC).

How'd you like the Hop Stoopid?

I just moved to Oz after 5 yrs in Sonoma County, and your picture of the beer shelves is making me homesick!

Dude, you must be hurtin'! I moved here after 3 years living in Portland. It was like landing on a cheese-grater! But things are very much on the up here. Just a bit longer and craft beer and the brew-pub will be firmly established in more general Aussie consciousness! But there's plenty happening now to get us by.

Sorry Argon, back to your flagrant display of delectation and gluttony ;)

Back