Hazards Ale Recipe? Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojai

Reaction score
Hey,
My girlfriend has recently expressed interest in helping me with my next brew day. Since I was thrilled to have a partner helping out I decided I'd let her pick what beer to make. She replied "when we were in Tassie, I really liked that... um cautions? No Hazards Ale, can you make that?"

I drank the ale, I liked it, I'd be happy to make a batch. But I don't remember it well enough to even know what style it is, I know it was reddish, so I figured it might be an Irish Red Ale?

Any help on the grain bill / hop regime and of course which yeast to use very much appreciated. If anyone has tried to reproduce this beer and has a decent recipe, lob it my way please :)

Cheers,
Joseph.

No one? Surely someone knows at least what the style of this beer is? :S

quick google came up with this

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wineglass-bay...ale/12236/3947/
Hazards Ale is Tasmania's only traditional ale, produced by Tasmania's smallest brewing company.
]

Also

HAZARDS ALE Alc/Vol 5.2% 330ml
Brewed in accordance with the German Purity Law this ale uses only the finest Tasmanian malted barley & hops, local water & yeast. A great tasting European style ale

read reviews on it, sound slike it is a little estery ... maybe you will have to do a few brews and work your way towards the flavour you want.

Cheers, from the reviews perhaps it was the food I liked more than the beer haha. I'll have to get my Tasmanian family to send me over a bottle before I pursue brewing it. For now my I'll brew a witbier for my little lady. Thanks :)

Back