GPS Mounting Location.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirem

Reaction score
We have a Kenwood KNA-G430 (re-badged Gamin GVN-52) fitted to our Hyundai Santa Fe. I need to locate the 'hideaway' GPS unit to update the map. But I cannot find it DOH!

I have looked in all the obvious places; underseats, glovebox area and in the foot wells.

Given that access is needed from time to time to update the map and firmware, I would have thought that the installer would not have put it somewhere that I have to pull parts of the car apart to get to it.

When it was purchased new, the Hyundai dealership had outsourced the installation to another company and finding that company is not as easy as it sounds.

So, anyone in the game or got any ideas, of other typical mounting spots for this elusive unit?

Thanks for any help.

We have a Kenwood KNA-G430 (re-badged Gamin GVN-52) fitted to our Hyundai Santa Fe. I need to locate the 'hideaway' GPS unit to update the map. But I cannot find it DOH!

I have looked in all the obvious places; underseats, glovebox area and in the foot wells.

Given that access is needed from time to time to update the map and firmware, I would have thought that the installer would not have put it somewhere that I have to pull parts of the car apart to get to it.

When it was purchased new, the Hyundai dealership had outsourced the installation to another company and finding that company is not as easy as it sounds.

So, anyone in the game or got any ideas, of other typical mounting spots for this elusive unit?

Thanks for any help.

Could not resist........."it's always in the last place you look"

Sorry.........not

If its the GPS part then it will need access to the satellite, so i would start looking around your windscreen. Its probably behind your rear view mirror. Failing that, check the back of the head unit and follow the wires.

If its the GPS part then it will need access to the satellite, so i would start looking around your windscreen. Its probably behind your rear view mirror. Failing that, check the back of the head unit and follow the wires.

it is the black box I am after, the antenna is separate.

Is the antenna wired? I'd suggest tracing it back from there. Otherwise, try under the bonnet. Look for a black box mounted up on the wheel arches, or in the boot, under trim panels.

Failing that an auto sparky will find it, but you will pay for it.

thanks for your help tavas and DJR.

I tracked down the installer and will make a call to them later today.

Did you look under the carpet in the foot well.

Id be looking where your cars computer is.
Eg mine is under a screw down plate under the carpet in the passenger footwell.

Secure, weatherproof, insulated, close access to power..... It is where I would start looking.

I have to remove the plastic coverings and a metal sterring column support mount to get to it.

they must have missed the installation instruction;

"in a location where the SD card slot is accessible"

Back