Google Street View

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but Google recently added most of SE Australia's street view camera shots.
Here is a close-up of my office. The pic is roughly centred on my window. You can drag and drop the little man on the map to any street with blue outlines, then move the image around inside the picture frame. Pretty freaky how much they've covered!

Yep, lawn un-mown, hedge un-trimmed, wished I'd known I would have tidied the place up. :p A quick straw pole at work indicates that most people feel pretty uncomfortable about it all.

Apparently there's a court case or two in the US, Google are arguing that there is no such thing as "complete privacy" Linky

Your "individual privacy is being chipped away"? LOL. I think its great, messy carport out front of my house and all.

Had a look at the Perth version, complete with 1967 picture of the Swan River, and the Bell Tower in the wrong place.
This is a plan to thwart the Victorian invasion.

Was funny seeing everyone in the office checking out their joint today.
At least I'd mowed the lawns :p
Can nail the time the photo was taken too, as the neighbours had building stuff just delivered and it was still on their front lawn :p

Doc

My place looks OK as its just being built but the father in-law is out the side of his place in the stubbies and thongs. What a fashion statement. (Not that there is anything wrong with stubbies and thongs, just don't get caught on the internet with them on.)

Drew

The front of my place looks like I had just mowed the front. Very neat and tidy.
It was taken a little while ago, as there is still a moryua (?spelling) bush down the side, but which I've since given a severe haircut.
Must have been taken on a non-brewing day, as the garage door is firmly shut.
It's a bit freakish to think that any one with access to the net can ogle your place.

Our place doesnt show up...advantage to living in the country :p

******* have my place on there. good thing it it was before I typied up all the overgrown bushes so you cant see much. which means no pitures of me through the front windows walking round in my undies! no car in the drive way either which means i mustnt have been home , otherwise i would have gone out and given them a hiding.

some guy was recently taking pictures of my house (guy had suit and drove a nice car), but I didnt give a stuff, I marched out there and demanded he delete the pics from his digital camera. I stood there until he did it. he gave me some lame story abot being an arcitech and taking pictures of the areas houses. my house is a 1960 standard brick dump. nothing worth taking pics of. lying *******.

all thats needed to protect privacy is to legislate that taking pics of buildings is illegal without consent of owners. it does raise some issues (tourist pics etc) but.......

god theyve covered a lot of places,

WTF

I guess Great City Of Geelong Council decided to block them from surveying, maybe they had to contribute a little and decided to tell Google to p_ss off????? The whole of Geelong and Bellarine is not mapped!!! Fancy not mapping Victorias second largest city??

Conspiracy.....?

WTF

I guess Great City Of Geelong Council decided to block them from surveying, maybe they had to contribute a little and decided to tell Google to p_ss off????? The whole of Geelong and Bellarine is not mapped!!! Fancy not mapping Victorias second largest city??

Conspiracy.....?

I think it's just a matter of time.

I'm happy to see my hops in full bloom at my place :lol: .

You must be having a queit day at work Po, to be able to find the google maps car ,,,,, ;)

I was just "cruising" around my neighbourhood on the slightly-faster-than-home network here and noticed there was a patch of Hillcrest not blue. Followed the arrows and found the car had taken a shot while parked at Maccas. No big detective work.

Slow day? It's almost always a slow day here.

Check out - for the sake of comparison a full country view of Australia and compare that to the USA. :huh: Why is it that we get to be the guinea pigs??? :angry:

Check out - for the sake of comparison a full country view of Australia and compare that to the USA. :huh: Why is it that we get to be the guinea pigs??? :angry:
Holy crap, they have been busy. :eek:

Back