Gls Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigAl said:
A thought to assist heat transfer fom the shank to copper coil, maybe some of that electrical heat transfer compound (places like altronics etc have it) white goey stuff that goes between transisters and heat sinks?
[post="80402"][/post]​

GL I owe you some grain abeer line already, I'll get hold a of a tube of thermal mastic should be just the trick for maximising the heat transfer between coils and shanks. The big plus is you get it in 300g tubes as well. I can also help out with some sticky backed insulation stuff

Cheers ausdb

Muga - GL's got a three dogs each the size of a horse, they lick them clean.

GL,
I love it!
The drip tray is cool too, but i especially like the tree. How many people can say that they have a tree growing out the side of their bar.
And IMO the long walk out the back yard to get a beer justifies the drinking beer. Its a long way and you might get thirsty. :p

Great job!

vlbaby.

Awesome setup GL, very impressive!
This is all getting me excited about my Xmas holidays in Perth :party:

Hoops

Thanks for the comments. No one is that excited here as they have seen me working on it for so long.

Boots said:
/applause

That is fantastic GL ! Top work mate.

Love the doc pic's too :)

I wonder if you could sheath the beer lines in pvc (insulated on the outside) and seal it all (like some of the home made CFC's) and just keep pumping water through the pvc, out an outlet near the tap end, and back through the fridge??

I'll be showing my wife those photos so I can allocate space when we buy a house :)
[post="80382"][/post]​

Boots, that would be much more effective if I had water in direct contact with the shank. I have thought about it but its just the hassle of getting pressure seals around the beerline 5 times. I'd end up using a lot of silicone and duct tape, and Batz would call me a rough ******* again.

Doc said:
One question GL. You don't always have to go down the backyard for a beer do you? Or do you take down a jug to fill to save on trips ?

Doc
[post="80457"][/post]​

After I install the hammock and the wide screen TV, and do an AHB bulk buy of pork scratchings, I am not planning on spending much time in the house.

ausdb said:
BigAl said:
A thought to assist heat transfer fom the shank to copper coil, maybe some of that electrical heat transfer compound (places like altronics etc have it) white goey stuff that goes between transisters and heat sinks?
[post="80402"][/post]​

GL I owe you some grain abeer line already, I'll get hold a of a tube of thermal mastic should be just the trick for maximising the heat transfer between coils and shanks. The big plus is you get it in 300g tubes as well. I can also help out with some sticky backed insulation stuff

Cheers ausdb
[post="80462"][/post]​

Excellent!

Goat said:
Muga - GL's got a three dogs each the size of a horse, they lick them clean.
[post="80463"][/post]​

I hadnt thought about tap height. They like to nudge them with their noses and there is a real danger of losing a whole keg. My plan is to remove the handles if I go away for work, which will hopefully prevent the dogs having their own party, until they learn to wedge a stick in there.

Guest Lurker said:
I hadnt thought about tap height. They like to nudge them with their noses and there is a real danger of losing a whole keg. My plan is to remove the handles if I go away for work, which will hopefully prevent the dogs having their own party, until they learn to wedge a stick in there.

I reckon that drip tray would make a great drinking trough fro them GL :p, with 5 taps they could do some good blends too!

Thats the coolest home bar I have seen GL.

Spectacular!

johnno

That is awesome simon, i'd like to see jamie dury put five taps in his back yard blitz bali huts one day. :D
Not only awesome but inspirational.

Since i've been loving you
Jayse

Latest posts

Back