Gifts From Tassie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
My parents just got back from Xmas in Tassie. My father went on the Cascade tour and asked the right questions like "What beers can't you get on the mainland?"

Here's my non-lager-educated review.
To get my mouth into Lager mode after drinking cascade hopped home brew, i started with one of these.View attachment 5507 I know it's not from Tassie but i had one handy.
View attachment 5508 This was maybe a little sad. No where as bitter as I was hoping for and not a great deal of lovely hop aroma. POR at a guess. Tas version of worst end dirt.
View attachment 5509 Surprising. This has the classic Tassie lager taste. Clean and easy drinking. In SA this would be called a "premium" because it's clean and tasty. Could hande a big session on this.
View attachment 5510 Another surprise. I was expecting this to be quite thin after the draught but it's actually got a good malty backbone in there somewhere. Bloody nice drop.
and to finish
View attachment 5511 That's right 8.1%! A bit like the Mercury Draught but a bit thicker and a nice kick. Would like to drink more of them but wouldn't be able to handle a session on them. In my opinion Mercury tastes better than Strongbow.

and for later
View attachment 5512 a Tassie Pinot-Chardy
interestingly, have a gander at the fine print blurb on the back
View attachment 5513
advertising yeast contact is one thing but autolysis?

C'mon Tassie - share the fine lagers with us and you can have some of our Coopers Ales :)

Back