Gas Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
Do you think welding gas regulators could be used for a gas burner instead of a medium pressure reg assuming all the connections fit?

I am looking to get one...You get a pressure dial as well :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jesse

I got an adjustable medium pressure regulator with nice long hose and it all fitted perfectly first time and is designed for use with BBQ gas, for about $50 from G&G.

Given how cheap they are, not sure why you would want to mess around with other gear that may not be designed for or suitable for your application.

Remember if something goes wrong, you've got high pressure gas and flame. It could go wrong in a very big way!

Cheers SJ

+1 SJ
I have a rambo with a medium pressure reg. Absolutely happy with it. I can't see why you want to stuff around with a welding gas reg plus I don't think the nut fitting will fit up to a normal 9kg gas bottle IIRC. I'm pretty sure threads are different.

Cheers

Chappo

Do you think welding gas regulators could be used for a gas burner instead of a medium pressure reg assuming all the connections fit?

I am looking to get one...You get a pressure dial as well :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jesse

I'm not sure how much gas the welding regs are designed to flow. I think the requirements of LPG may be excessive?

QldKev

I use a LPG gas reg from BOC thats meant for oxy lpg something or other... goes up to about 600kpa, ive never taken beyond 300 though, normally sit it at 100kpa (same as the reg that comes with the rambo wok burner mashmaster sell), works perfectly.

edit:added pic

DSC00902.JPG

The gauge would be nice! Would really help with achieving a similar boil rate between batches so that evaporation loss consistent.

For the tight arses (those that dont want to pay rent on a bottle of accetylene, althou the price of accetylene refills is pretty high so mayb I should look harder) they have made an lpg welding regulator which will screw straight into your 9kg bottle, they have two gauges one for pressure regulation and one for gas remaining. These would work fine on a large gas burner as long as you made sure all hose fittings were appropriate (NO HOSE CLAMPS) and you didnt crank the reg up too much. Happy cooking and remember gas goes bang if you dont get it spot on.
Cheers Greg :D

Back