• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: Brown 500ml Matilda Bay Swing Top Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyrob

Halfluck Brewing
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

have about 20 of these:

matbay500ml.JPG

Thick Brown 500ml Matilda Bay Swing Top Bottles (i'm guessing circa 80's?)

clean with new seals, haven't seen many of these around before could be good for

that special brew or something different :p

chasing $30 perth boys only please.

Thanks Rob.

Hey Guys,

have about 20 of these:

View attachment 13967

Thick Brown 500ml Matilda Bay Swing Top Bottles (i'm guessing circa 80's?)

clean with new seals, haven't seen many of these around before could be good for

that special brew or something different :p

chasing $30 perth boys only please.

Thanks Rob.
Rob these things are gold! Id be keeping them. Beats the hell out of the Grolsch green ones.Do you have to many or you only kegging these days.I allready have about 100 500ml Euro swing tops otherwise Id grab them.Like you said great for those special brews.
Gryphon Brewing

Rob these things are gold! Id be keeping them. Beats the hell out of the Grolsch green ones.Do you have to many or you only kegging these days.I allready have about 100 500ml Euro swing tops otherwise Id grab them.Like you said great for those special brews.
Gryphon Brewing

Hey mate,

when i was bottling more, these were my absolute favourite also some good heritige behind them
one of them had a gold label, a "seasonal summer wheat" which later on turned out to be a regualar
brew for them called "redback" still had the original dregs in it as well when i picked it up!!!

but my situation at the moment is i've got 4 empty kegs and need 2 x 25kg bags of malt of you
to fill em!

Rob.

I'm interested but in NSW, would you consider shipping or perhaps if I arranged collection by someone like Pack & Send?

Chris

As far as I know, I bought these last week...

As far as I know, I bought these last week...

sorry to those who missed out, my internet went down and i didn't get a chance to post a taken reply.

sinkas was the first!

flick us a pm mate or give us a call and we'll arrange something :p

Wow talk about bringing back memories with those bottles.

I was 18/19 when Matilda Bay just started and used to frequent the "Brewery Ale House" on Stirling Hwy very very often to sample their beers long before they went commercial.

The "wheat beer" was an instant favourite and still is to this day.

They also used to have a red coloured beer (irish red??) that was really strong and called a "DogBolter", and a "Dark Lager". Soooo the red beer never really took off and dissappeared, which was sad as I really loved it and they decided to rename the "Dark Lager" as "Dogbolter".

Aaaaah those were the days. I am so glad to have been in that spot at that time or I'd probably be still swilling Emu Bitter and Swan Lager or something worse like a mid strength.

Back