Fermenting Finished?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemo

Reaction score
Ive got 2 batches of coopers european lager, one made with be1 and one with be2. theyve been sitting there for 12 days now at around 18-14 degress. i took the airlock out today to have a peep inside, and noticed there a still a few bubbles rising to the top. do you think its ready to bottle? unfortunately i havent taken reading as my hydrometer broke.

Ive got 2 batches of coopers european lager, one made with be1 and one with be2. theyve been sitting there for 12 days now at around 18-14 degress. i took the airlock out today to have a peep inside, and noticed there a still a few bubbles rising to the top. do you think its ready to bottle? unfortunately i havent taken reading as my hydrometer broke.

Dude you need to get a new hyrdo or raise the temp and leave for a few weeks to be absolutely sure its finished! You don't want to bottle up a few bombs for the sake of a few dollars for a new hydro!

How long is a piece of string? Get a hydrometer to be sure or risk exploding bottles.

what should the reading be? im not used to brewing at low temps

what should the reading be? im not used to brewing at low temps
It should be the same value for 3 days in a row before you bottle, and it should also be close to the expected FG for the beer you are making.

at those temps, clemo fermentation has probably finished. Leave it another week.
I always leave my euro lagers for 20-21 before bottling.
Dont drink this before it is 9-10 weeks old. It really does improve drastically around the 7-8 week mark.

Tonight had three PET bottles of European Lager I bottled 27 June 2010. Excellent. The best of the three brews of this type I have done. Much better tasting now than it was 6 months ago.

Back