Evolution Of A Brewery.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booargy

Reaction score
Here are some things from my brewery.
My brewing has evolved from kits to extract now to AG as I got the facilities. When I started I lived in a tiny Studio with air-con for temp control. power was included.
So when I moved and had more room the first thing I built was a 70l Kettle it was rough but it worked with 60l boil. I brewed full extract with hops. the beer tasted good but it was expensive. so the only logical thing is to go AG.
The bigW bewery.
So I had already built a new 50l kettle with whirlpool. I added 2x19L pots. 1 had 2200w stainless element and temp controller . The other had a false bottom/screen made from a stainless kitchen strainer. No chilled into a keg. I brewed a few 20l batches in this.
bigWbrewery.JPG
bigWbrewery1.JPG

I was given some cut up 50l kegs and 2x18 gallon. Out of these and other collected/scrounged stuff the new brewery is being born. I am not good with cardboard. So thought I would piece it together with tie wire and some timber, do some brews to see how it went and fill some kegs to get me through. I did Tony's LCBA, a Vienna lager, 2 Pilsners. it did have some problems. Temp control(which is sorted with PID now). ALL the plumbing and tun needs to be lagged. 20mm inlet has lots of suction and will compress the grain into a solid lump if started on fully open outlet. A good stir and a burst backward through the grain bed from the HLT fixed that. Wiring and stand will be done soon.
new2.JPG
new1.JPG

Anyway I thought it was bout time to put a bit back in return for what I have learned from here. :icon_cheers::)
I pump from the kettle to FV with 8m of silicon hose and a spray on the end. worked out a way to protect the hose.
hose.JPG

Latest posts

Back