Empty Eco Kegs For Free

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A recycling truck comes to pick them up, rather than a brewery truck. Then something perfectly good is recycled using copious energy.

Eco my hairy white arse. Another "green" load of shite.

Cheap is what it is. Your beer is being served in PET.

I'll recycle them Nick and make a nice raft, when you visit you can have a float around with a nice Batz Brewery beer.
Kinda makes it all nice and hippy don't you think?

batz

I'll recycle them Nick and make a nice raft, when you visit you can have a float around with a nice Batz Brewery beer.
Kinda makes it all nice and hippy don't you think?

batz

Kegorafter?

Is the Bladder BPA free??....guess who has a toddler now...

Is the Bladder BPA free??....guess who has a toddler now...

Hehe...

Because when feeding the toddler beer, BPA is the worry.

The bladder is PET. PET doesn't have BPA in it... afaik

dont need a plasma cutter to cut the top off, electric kitchen knife will do

insert kmart kettle element, using bbq tongs heated over the barbie to make the hole

heat up a fork and keep stabbing holes in the bladder, saves a trip to spotlight

take a trip to bunnings (gardening aisle) and choose a tap that suits, use tongs as noted above for the hole

move to all grain for twenty six dollars and fifty cents

:D

Hmmm...I will be on the Downs next week...wonder if I am game to drive in Brisvegas to get some..... This size is great for storing stuff on the farm...

And I might move onto AG quickly too.....

kempy said:
After speaking to the guys at Tipplers Tap about how keen everyone was to get their hands on their used ECO kegs I am offering up ours from Archive.

<snip>

If anyone can come up with a more novel idea that our old Bottle Shop Manager who made his wardrobe and storage on his ute out of them I'd love to hear about it and see some pics.

Kris
How's this for an idea? Cascade on the left, Hersbrucker on the right...

carniehops.JPG

I didn't get 'em from the OP....just thought he might like the idea.

carniebrew said:
How's this for an idea? Cascade on the left, Hersbrucker on the right...

attachicon.gif
carniehops.JPG
Pretty good mate, I've got the same thing going out the back of my place, only no hops growing just lettuce and herbs.

there is a guy selling 10 for $110 in loddon on eBay.

doing this on my phone so can't post alink. Will put link up when I get to work.

Ecokeg + mayo bucket + expanding foam could = Mash tun, corny keg esky, insulated urn.
Hops/Pot plants look good too.

Pretty good mate, I've got the same thing going out the back of my place, only no hops growing just lettuce and herbs.
Have you still got some out the back Kempy? I might drop around tomorrow and pick up a couple.

GrumpyPaul said:
there is a guy selling 10 for $110 in loddon on eBay.

doing this on my phone so can't post alink. Will put link up when I get to work.
This is it here

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-x-Home-Brew-Beer-Barrel-Beer-Keg-Plastic-Beer-Keg-30-Lt-Re-Fill-Re-Usable-/141008786669?pt=AU_Breweriana&hash=item20d4c754ed#ht_4481wt_1161

I would buy all 10 and can get them back to Melbourne if I knew I could sell off the other 8 as I only want two. Anyone interested???

Did someone say "Ecokeg Bulk buy"???

brewologist said:
If your up this way drop in for a beer mate.

Cheers,
Thanks for the offer, but I will probably use one of our couriers to pick them up as we have a depot in bendigo. But yeh if not Ill go for a weekend drive and take you up on that offer.

No probs mate.

Offers there if your up this way and want to drop in for a quick beer.

Im just wondering if they would leach quite a bit of chemicals into your soil. Considering they have a bottle inside them you wouldn't think they would have gone to much effort to make them safe for contact with anything human related. I only say it because it seems the same when building a veggie garden, never use any treated timber, just hardwood and what not otherwise you ending up eating veggies laced with arsenic, probably over kill on my behalf but just pointing it out as a possibility.

Latest posts

Back