• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off Topic from brewing, but I just picked this up today.
Won it for $1. I have a spare 12" speaker in the garage ready to drop in it.
Next project is to build a small 1W tube amp to drive it.

You can't build stuff like this for $1. Score!

Carlsbro.jpg

Why would you want to put a speaker in a mash tun ? I can see the false bottom right there !

Lunacy !

Danwood said:
Why would you want to put a speaker in a mash tun ? I can see the false bottom right there !
Lunacy !
Oh deerrrrr, isn't it obvious ! By cranking it up you don't need any recirculation....jeebus some folks just don't get it ;)

spog said:
Oh deerrrrr, isn't it obvious ! By cranking it up you don't need any recirculation....jeebus some folks just don't get it ;)
Ah, right you are.

Hey, if you did an ultra-thick mash of rye and wheat, you could make it dance around like those non-Newtonian liquid experiments !

Don't know how that'd affect your efficiency though...

I know nothing of this Newtonian stuff but for Rye and Wheat you could play some Steve Earle ( Copper head road), he's plowed though some heavy shit in his time....with great efficiently .

Umm efficientcy

I suppose if I crank the germanium fuzz up to 11 it might help with the sparge...

Yob said:
sweet ass frigde.. Greenbank in the QLD for a well deserved $350

I'd pay than in a heartbeat if it came with fittings
I looks like it does come with fittings (well taps, drip tray and lines) "...comes complete with 2 big door, 3 taps, drip tray and keg lines".

It is only when they mention the size that they haven't included the taps and drip tray in the sizing.

It was a struggle to hold myself back from rushing out and buy it, but @ 2200 tall it would be a tight fit under my house :)

This one is mostly for the spectacle, but on the off-chance that someone in the Adelaide area is actually in the market for a 2400L or 4500L oak barrel (or a few of them):

Large Oak Wine Barrels 2400L and 4500L - $1,100 to $3,500

You'll apparently need to give your local Cooper a call and get some work done as they've been sitting dry for over a decade.

Latest posts

Back