Don't go swimming with an IPhone.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Went with swmbo to my bro in laws house for a swim in his new in ground pool today and a xmas eve bbq.

Took my keys and wallet out of my shorts before I dove in but forgot about my iPhone. DOHHHH.

So while SWMBO is back there enjoying the pool and some cold beers, I'm sitting here at Apple fountain Gate waiting for my genius bar appointment. And my boss isn't going to be to happy about the $350 replacement charge thats going on my company credit card. (Company phone)

Anyone else done something similar? Make me feel a bit better at least?? LOL

my daughter HAD a Boyfriend who smashed Her Samsung S 3 early this year..he replace it with a samsung NOTE..their is good end to this her current flame fixed the phone(cracked screen/twisted M/b) and i got it now..

$350 replacement? I thought it was $200!

My lock button is stuck down.. im out of warranty so im stuffed and have to pay unfortunately.

I'll just deal with it until a phone i want comes out and i will buy it outright.

A few years back SWMBO's nokia went through the washing machine and then the dryer. It still worked afterwards. She was probably lucky that it had a flat battery at the time so did not short out.

Jurt said:
$350 replacement? I thought it was $200!

My lock button is stuck down.. im out of warranty so im stuffed and have to pay unfortunately.

I'll just deal with it until a phone i want comes out and i will buy it outright.
How out of warranty? Hit them up with aus consumer law! I got a battery replacement in my 15 month old iPhone last week.

My misses dropped hers in the bath. Upon reading some ideas on the net. They said to put the phone in a ziplock bag with whit rice covering the phone and put in a warm spot. I took it to work and left in the car,
3 days later the phone started working.
I was so skeptical. Couldn't believe it actually worked.

Because of the nearly 1 hour delay waiting for my Genius Bar appointment they gave me a replacement phone for free.

Bloody awesome Apple.

My mate and I had a massive drunken row, hugely furious at each other, would have been a punch-up but we were way too drunk. I stumbled off to the bathroom and passed out in the spa bath. He took my phone and put it in a glass of water with a big note saying **** YOU MATE. He stumbled off to drive home but fell over and fortunately passed out in the front yard. Waking up at some point he came back inside, found the phone and felt guilty. So he took out the battery, put the phone on the heater, and called a taxi. I didn't find my phone for two days but it worked fine. And after a couple weeks all was well and he told me what happened.

A lot of commercial PCBs are washed with water after assembly (solder paste applied, pick & place machines lay down parts, IR reflow oven solders everything, then wash). It's the impurities in the water that will cause problems. Wash & rewash with RO water, let dry naturally (no heat) and chances are everything will be okay. If you try to heat the thing while it's still wet 2 things can happen. Water trapped under components can vaporize and blow the component off the board, and some ICs have water permeable plastic which can blow apart if heated with a little water trapped inside.

Something like a battery I wouldn't chance - I'd just replace it.

Back