Does Any One Fill There Own Soda Stream Bottles?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
u can buy paintball fill stations beats me how they work though. And they allow u to fill paintball co2 tanks. I want to do this with my soda stream bottles as I just bought 5 of the suckers and 4 are empty. And I have 2 co2 tanks :)

Painall fill kits are $100 from Aussie paintball stores and $50 from eBay what dangers are there?

Cheers guys

I have filled them under the supervision of a qualified refrigeration engineer. But if you have to ask what the dangers are, really you shouldnt be doing it, live longer and get them from K Mart.

Soda streams are like $9-$12 for a refill aren't they ? Expensive when compared to a big bottle, but a small price to pay for the convenience. It can be done, but as 'Captain Sensible' has mentioned, it can be dangerous.

u can buy paintball fill stations beats me how they work though. And they allow u to fill paintball co2 tanks. I want to do this with my soda stream bottles as I just bought 5 of the suckers and 4 are empty. And I have 2 co2 tanks :)
I had my eyes on these on ebay. Just take them in for a refill/swap?

I think Batz used to refill them years ago. You can probably dig up the threads from the search. They may have been on teh Grumpy's board?

I know it can be dangerous. But I was hopeing that those fill stations make it safer as they seem to be for field users. They have a built in vent disc. 5 bottles times x $12 is $60 that's what it costs for 6.8kg refill

Do these fill stations limit pressure out?
I DON'T want to do some thing dodgy

I'm interested in this as well,I travel a lot and get sick of lugging the 9kg bottle with me.

Have not researched at all,past looking at what gros21 is looking at.But the paint ballers seem to refill with good results.

Just curious if technology exists to make it safer.

I have just taken delivery of one of these.
The instructions supplied do little to inform of the hazards of overfilling these cylinders :angry: .
I will need to replace the CA320 nut with an AS2473 Type 30 to suit my cylinder but I have one lurking in the shed.
I have some good scales for this job and intend to underfill to increase the safety margin.
This link gives some good background on the subject.
Cheers
Doug
PS Here is another link from an older thread with some good advice as well as some classic examples of misinformation :p .
BE CAREFUL !!

Thanks Doogiechap,have previously gone over your links.I'll stick to the $11 K-mart swaps for now.

I prefer my head intact,when tasting beers ;)

Back