Do You Guys See Any Problems With This Stratagy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mick8882003

Reaction score
Well I have just purchased some kegs. Now I figure to get a decent cellar going (I am planning to have four kegs all up, maybe more in the future?) What I have done is purchased a few of those cube 20L containers. I figure if i have a few of these and then decant it off to the kegs when the time comes, this way I can buy like five of these for 100 bucks and have another five brews conditioning.

Anybody see any flaws to my logic?

Cheers :party: Mick C

Well I have just purchased some kegs. Now I figure to get a decent cellar going (I am planning to have four kegs all up, maybe more in the future?) What I have done is purchased a few of those cube 20L containers. I figure if i have a few of these and then decant it off to the kegs when the time comes, this way I can buy like five of these for 100 bucks and have another five brews conditioning.

Anybody see any flaws to my logic?

Cheers :party: Mick C

Seems fine to me.

Just means you have to empty the kegs fast enough to re-fill them (e.g. in a week or 2 etc)

Thats alot of drinking.

Pok

only that you need to keep the cubes cold while they are full of beer.

Also I assume you mean conditioning before carbonating???

Cubes won't hold pressure.

Pok

Also I assume you mean conditioning before carbonating???

Cubes won't hold pressure.

Pok

Check, just to age them.

Will i get much yeast falling out if I use the Cubes?
Also I am concerned about cleaning them, as I cannot stick my hand in, I assume a good cleaner is the go?

Seems fine to me.

Just means you have to empty the kegs fast enough to re-fill them (e.g. in a week or 2 etc)

Thats alot of drinking.

Pok

Hmm, I don't see why I cannot age a beer in a cube for six months? That is the plan!

Back