• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cooper Vintage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vintage

Reaction score
Gday all does anyone know whether its worth auctioning the 98/99 bacth of Vintage?

Have heard recent sales on ebay still selling OK - can anyone confirm its drinkability (has been stored in airconditioned environment)

Cheers n beers. Pete

They are off but as a favour i will dispose of them for you and pay you the recycling deposit of 10c a bottle.

I'm drinking the 98 and 99 vintages at the moment and both are very VERY tasty. Bought cartons of the 99 and 2000 for $75 each only a few years ago.

I dont believe you can sell beer on ebay though.

You used to be able to do it on the basis that the bottle was worth more than the contents (collectors item) but since this style of beer improves with age i think that myth has been busted.

Is selling alcoholic beverages without a licence a legal activity?

Gday all does anyone know whether its worth auctioning the 98/99 bacth of Vintage?

Have heard recent sales on ebay still selling OK - can anyone confirm its drinkability (has been stored in airconditioned environment)

Cheers n beers. Pete

Oddbins wine auctions in Adelaide from time to time do have vintage ales up for auction. I will agree that the 98 was surprisingly nice when I had one late last year. I have recently ( two weeks ago) tried the 99 and thought the 98 was superior in flavour. I spoke with Oddbins also in regards to the vintage ales and I don't think they are willing to auction anything from 2000 or before. They have had some complaints from winning bidders that those vintage were getting a little tired. It really depends on how they have been cellared. I know for a fact that the carton of 98 I stumbled across :rolleyes: last year had been sitting in the same cellar since it was bought. A constant temp and never moved, except to make more space in the cellar.

BYB

Cheers n beers. Pete

I found it at $7 a bottle at an online shop (that's the 99 Vintage) if that helps , but at that price I'd rather dring it :drinks:

Back