Colorado Brewing Systems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
FYI.

Always pleasing to see more makers of budget brewing systems offering their wares.

It appears that a new kid on the block in the US is Colorado Brewing (insert John Denver soundtrack here).

I like the look of their gear (but caveat emptor as always).

This company is manufacturing some very sweet looking nano brew systems and downsized smaller homebrew systems. All have sanitary welded fittings with choice of threaded or tri-clamp.
Colorado 1.jpg Colorado 2.jpg

Some of these brew systems look like they may become close competitors to the Braumeister and Grainfather.

The company has European customers in its sights and so has options for 240 V electrics, which should translate to usability in Australia. It also means that international shipping to Aus shouldn’t be a major challenge for the vendor. Overseas shipping costs are on request only at this stage, so should perhaps factor in an extra $400+ ?

Prices seem very keen in local US dollars. Something perhaps to keep an eye on if the $AUS ever moves back up towards parity.

An important point in my view is that these brewing systems are made in the USA, which should translate to tighter control of quality – particularly important when you are buying sanitary welded gear. I’m not one to bag all things made in China. All countries can produce great as well as crap gear and it is companies, not countries, that make the gear. What makes the difference between good and bad is the company’s quality assurance processes which should control what leaves the factory to go to the customers. I think local manufacture in the US should provide better QA than trying to do it by remote control from overseas, or simply working on the basis of a business plan that accepts that some bad products will get through to customers and this will be dealt with by simply refunding/replacing when they complain.

Check them out at http://www.cobrewingsystems.com/

Note that prices stated are for the base units. At the bottom of the product pages are pull-down menus where you can configure additions/deletions of items and the price should increase/decrease accordingly.

Finally, any LHBS here in Aus want to look at bring a wholesale pallet or two of these systems here for local retail? Might be a good opportunity if you get in early.

Back