Cleaning The (New) Coopers Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chromesphere

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Hope this is the right section to post my question. Basic question but cant seem to find an answer.

I have the new coopers fv / tap. The tap im using is this one:
http://store.coopers.com.au/coopers-diy-beer-snap-tap.html

I've got my 3rd brew on. When I was cleaning the tap (after the 2nd brew) I noticed there was crud around where that red plunger / spring part of the tap is. (take a look at the 2nd photo in the link to see the section I mean). As I would push the lever up and down crud would appear Was very difficult to clean. After I put the 3rd brew on I thought I really should have taken the thing totally apart. I couldn't work how to do that last time, but I think I will give it another go before the 4th brew.

So the question is, can you take it apart! Does all that rubber stuff come off and go back on? It feels like there is a spring attached to that plunger.

Cheers for any help!
CS

I wanted to update this thread and conclude incase anyone was googling it (I really hate those unanswered question threads).

So anyway yes you can take it apart. And take it apart you should. Took mine apart on the weekend. The rubber plunger/seal doesn't seal 100% and some liquid gets in behind it and it gets gungy. I think im lucky that this 3rd brew didn't go bad. Pull the rubber plunger seal off and take it apart when you clean it.

Also not really impressed with the spring they are using in the tap. Its kind of rusted or deteriorating already...Another reason you want to clean it after every brew!

CS

Back