Christmas/winter Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbirbeck

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a Christmas style beer for drinking next winter. Would be keen to get a bit of feedback on the recipe below. I normally do 16 litre batches (more batches more often). I am looking to get the traditional christmas fruit and spice flavours in there without necessarily adding spices, ie draw from what comes out of the hops and the fruit mince.

3.5kg JW Ale
0.8kg Munich I
0.2kg Pale Choc
0.2kg Rolled Oats/Flaked barley(depends what I've got left)
0.1kg Amber
0.1kg Treacle/Molasses

Hops
60 Mins Green Bullet 10 g
20 mins green Bullet 10g
20 mins Hallertau 10g
0 mins Green Bullet 15g
0 mins hallertau 15g

dry hop Green Bullet and hallertau 15 g each

I want to add a jar of Fruit Mince in Secondary as well.

I'll plan to use Wyeast 3725 Biere De Garde for this...but I'm open to suggestions as I also have Wyeast 1026 (british Cask), 1469 (yorkshire), 1762 (belgian abbey II), 1388 belgian Strong), 1214 (belgian Ale), 1056, 1272, 1187 (ringwood), 1084 (Irish), 2308 (munich lager) and I'm always keen to add to the collection.

Your thoughts?

Butter is used in fruit mince, Im wondering what that would do to your beer!

I'm looking to do a Christmas style beer for drinking next winter. Would be keen to get a bit of feedback on the recipe below. I normally do 16 litre batches (more batches more often). I am looking to get the traditional christmas fruit and spice flavours in there without necessarily adding spices, ie draw from what comes out of the hops and the fruit mince.

3.5kg JW Ale
0.8kg Munich I
0.2kg Pale Choc
0.2kg Rolled Oats/Flaked barley(depends what I've got left)
0.1kg Amber
0.1kg Treacle/Molasses

Hops
60 Mins Green Bullet 10 g
20 mins green Bullet 10g
20 mins Hallertau 10g
0 mins Green Bullet 15g
0 mins hallertau 15g

dry hop Green Bullet and hallertau 15 g each

I'll plan to use Wyeast 3725 Biere De Garde for this...but I'm open to suggestions as I also have Wyeast 1026 (british Cask), 1469 (yorkshire), 1762 (belgian abbey II), 1388 belgian Strong), 1214 (belgian Ale), 1056, 1272, 1187 (ringwood), 1084 (Irish), 2308 (munich lager) and I'm always keen to add to the collection.

Your thoughts?
WOW- you should really live up to your username after a couple of pints of that :lol:

staggalee.

Butter is used in fruit mince, Im wondering what that would do to your beer!

really? will have to check the ingredient and make my own sans butter if its in the commercial stuff

How about simmering a clove, 1/2 stick cinnamon and 25g of grated ginger root in water for 15 minutes, strain and add to kettle at whirlpooling.

tdh

Latest posts

Back