Cheap Arse Stockpots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap Arse Stockpots
I can't help myself. Why do people tempt me by posting titles like that?

hyphen.jpg

I wish these same guys would produce a 30L pot. 19L is not big enough for most brewing applications.

Quantum, bad grammar shits me too, but you clearly have too much time on your hands.

May be someone from FNQ could organise a bulk buy and flog them to AHBers for $29.95....no make that $39.95.... no no no $49.95... no make that $59.95 plus postage and handling :eek:

I wish these same guys would produce a 30L pot. 19L is not big enough for most brewing applications.

Good enough for a HLT for 23L batches of you are batch sparging, just have to fill it after dough in, mash out and sparge thats what i do.

They are also good for a herms setup too i guess.

That's $35 in total, may as well just buy the 20L one from Big W.

Bloody funny, Quantum! Had a good laugh at that.

I'd stick with eBay and scrounge for ex-industrial items. Picked up my 80L aluminium jobbie for $80 with postage. Solid as a rock, handles are double-plugged and everything.

- boingk

there was no hyphen
The sentence fragment is malformed. Your grammatical options are;

1. add a hyphen to give 'Cheap-Arse Stockpots.'
2. add a hyphen to give 'Cheap Arse-Stockpots.'
3. add a comma to give 'Cheap Arse, Stockpots.'
4. any combination of these and more, including 'Cheap-Arse! Stockpots!'

The ball is in your court. Would you rather I made a joke involving option 3?

In case you can't tell, it was a harmless ribbing at the title, nothing personal :p

QB, you're forgetting the variation that's most closely aligned with his intention: Cheap Arsed Stockpots.

Obviously, here the "arse" is symbolic of of the body or whole.

So,,,, 24.95 +9.95 p+h = 34.90
Not too bad if you need all those pots,
As far as this brewer knows, one can still get a 19l pot with glass lid from Woolies for about $19.00
This pot has served well for the last twenty brews and is still going strong.

Well, good enough for a K&K brewer it seems.

OK next time I come across something to share I will think carefully about the title :huh: . I was at work and taking a sneak peek online, seen the pots and just added it quickly. I knew it didn't look right but wasn't that fussed.

What's my grammar got to do with it anyway? She has already got a stockpot.

What's my grammar got to do with it anyway? She has already got a stockpot.

Ha!

I'm sure I won't piss anyone off here by putting words in their mouths but I don't think anyone meant anything by their posts. Just a bit of fun.

Good on ya for the tip. I'm sure it'll help someone out nicely.

Cheap arse drum you could use as a stockpot

Couldn't be arsed with punctuation :p
Water Drum

Dunno if it would be food grade though - you'd have to check, but 200L would boil a bit, or you could cut it down. Also one that is food grade in Cranbourne for Victorians if you search on ebay.

Hopper.

P.S - yeah yeah I know we have an ebay thread but this seemed topical and I wanted to join in the arse gag ok?!!!

They look like the same style as the ones they have at Cheap as Chips. I have the 18L pot for boiling partials. They are pretty thin but cheaply do the job, plus they can be used by SWMBO for christmas pudding.

Back