• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cascade Rhizomes For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullsneck

Malty tasking
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers and hop growers!

I have a couple of Cascade cuttings here for sale if anyone is interested.

PM me for more details!

Is there much difference between cascade and chinook? I am growing chinook and have limited room. But...I know that I am a big cascade fan. Never tried Chinook (yet)

Hello fellow brewers and hop growers!

I have a couple of Cascade cuttings here for sale if anyone is interested.

PM me for more details!

Is there much difference between cascade and chinook? I am growing chinook and have limited room. But...I know that I am a big cascade fan. Never tried Chinook (yet)

I've heard there's not much difference between Australian grown Chinook and Cascade.

What are you asking for said rhizomes (inc postage)... No, actually, do I need another hop plant... All are rhizomes at the moment (tett, chinook, POR and goldings) and are in pots. I've read all the info, but should I realistically be expecting these things to grow as massive as they say??

What are you asking for said rhizomes (inc postage)... No, actually, do I need another hop plant... All are rhizomes at the moment (tett, chinook, POR and goldings) and are in pots. I've read all the info, but should I realistically be expecting these things to grow as massive as they say??

Here are some photos from 2010s harvest. It took over the back yard vege patch! The neighbour behind asked me to cut back some growth because it was taking over his clothesline!

photo_2.JPG

photo_3.JPG

photo_4.JPG

Shit... :eek:

Probably gonna let it pass Bullsneck. Thanks though! Very helpful

1 question? How old is that plant. Apart from the brewing aspects, I'd like to use the 4 plants as a screen from the sun in the warmer months for the lid over my backyard. Bit OT but...

Amazingly, that's a first year plant. I had a Chinook, first year also, which threw up one vine then cracked it. No hops from it. It was in a pot (read: 50L keg), however. It'll go in the ground this season.

Wow...1st plant...looks great. My hops are in a BIG pot now. ready for spring, shoots are coming thru. Never grown them before. I have POR and chinook.

Cant wait. I am worried about planting them in the ground. I have spent the last 3 years in this house removing all the masses of vines that was over running my backyard. They are all gone but I cant bring myself to plant another aggressive vine in the same place I have worked for 3 years removing new shoots, rhizomes, seeds, the lot & they still shoot outta nowhere from time to time (madiera vine and balloon vines SUCK!!). Ahh well...maybe I'll have a few too many brews one day and plant it in the ground...

Amazingly, that's a first year plant. I had a Chinook, first year also, which threw up one vine then cracked it. No hops from it. It was in a pot (read: 50L keg), however. It'll go in the ground this season.

All rhizomes snapped up!

If any fall through, there's some reserves waiting too.

Thanks, everyone.

Back