Carlton Dry Fusion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Morgans Chairmans selection Mexican Cerveza is a copy of this style. It's got the whole Lime flavour throughout. I have brewed it and am still trying to get through it (3 months). Not my "cup of tea(beer)"
I think it has been popularized for the whole "yuppie" (try-hard) market. IMO beer & Citris should not be combined. Leave the Lime or lemon or whatever out of it and drinkers, stop kidding yourselves and get over it!

Cheers Dave that makes much more sense then.

I only ever had the understanding of bocks being lagers and in all the readings I have done on them never really thought about them being ales as they always seem to refer to the use of lager yeasts.

Thanks

Mitch,

After I hit the send button I read the review of this beer by Greg Ray in last Sat herald and it seems the beer is very lager like and not very strong.

Another case of marketing driving the brewery.

Dave

I had one last night in a club and took it back. The barman took it back as he pointed me in that direction. And they had Leffe and a Kiek there...had a couple of them to get the taste out of my mouth.

Like you tangent, I love limes, but it wasn't for me at the time.

InCider.

Mitch,

After I hit the send button I read the review of this beer by Greg Ray in last Sat herald and it seems the beer is very lager like and not very strong.

Another case of marketing driving the brewery.

Dave

Not only not very strong (6% avb) but not very good. Don't waste your time. Not as bad as the Radler though...

Not only not very strong (6% avb) but not very good. Don't waste your time. Not as bad as the Radler though...

Yes if it is like most of the other Monteith beers currently available I won't be wasting my time.

Went to a friend of the missus place yesterday. I wasnt going to drink even though he was supplying beer. The beer was Cartlon fusion . Unfortunately I got handed one and drank it to be polite. Most fkn dusgusting thing ive tasted. It was almost insipid. Weird 'LIME' taste, watery. I struggled to finish it. Awful. Just awful. Then thankfully someone handed me some megaswill asian beer with numbers. Wasnt 666 or anything but at least it was cold and bland like you expect it to be.

Latest posts

Back