Caffine Thief

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esssee

Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this article on the Courier Mail website:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensl...f-1226082650297

Check out the comment left at 6:41 PM, June 27, 2011:

Bribie of Bribie Posted at 6:41 PM June 27, 2011

In the UK where alcohol is just in the general shelves I would often have a beer or two while pushing the trolley around, but of course present the empty cans to be checked out. If I could locate the *hic* checkout.

Drinking in the Supermarket Bribie? I mean really.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone being fined for opening something while in store.

I regularly grab my daughter a flavoured milk while shopping, she sits in the trolley and drinks it and knows to hand the empty bottle to the checkout person on the way out. I even had a flatmate once who would grabbed a bag of doritos and a jar of salsa and walk the aisles eating them as he went, he always paid at the end.

I regularly grab my daughter a flavoured milk while shopping, she sits in the trolley and drinks it and knows to hand the empty bottle to the checkout person on the way out.

Same here, I think the issue here is that he left without paying for it. Then tries to tell the judge that he always intended on paying for it. F#^% me there are some self righteous people commenting on the article, I bet they think they would go to hell for trying a single grape for sweetness before buying it. Good on you Bribie.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone being fined for opening something while in store.

I regularly grab my daughter a flavoured milk while shopping, she sits in the trolley and drinks it and knows to hand the empty bottle to the checkout person on the way out. I even had a flatmate once who would grabbed a bag of doritos and a jar of salsa and walk the aisles eating them as he went, he always paid at the end.
It wasn't that he opened it in the store (apart from what the employee said), it's he left without paying for it.
Done it before myself, the occasional tissue pack or cold drink.

Love the doritos & salsa though, that's classy! :icon_cheers:

Back