Buying Large Amounts Of Salt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a big wholesale foods outlet opposite jaycar on abeckett st in the city. Best of all you can drive your car into the warehouse for parking whilst shopping. They have bulk salt, flour, tinned tomatoes, anything a nonna or papa would stock up on. ;)

Oh they have bulk frozen berries too! :icon_drool2: I see a summer raspberry wheat coming up soon!
Sweet. We work about 500m from there. I need to go to Jaycar, he needs salt. Win/win. Of course, it means I have to talk to him, which is an issue, but we all have to make sacrifices.

Update: The lunchtime walk was productive. 15kg medium caterers salt for $8, and I've got gear to bling my tempmate up :)

My boss also wanted me to give a big thanks to everyone that has contributed here. He has been amazed at how helpful people have been. Gotta love AHB :)

let me know how much bulk froz berries are. the kids get for frozen berries and yoghurt as desert, so we go through a fair bit. oh yeah and the brewing aspect!

I think its anywhere between 10 -15 bucks a kg... I THINK.

Update: The lunchtime walk was productive. 15kg medium caterers salt for $8, and I've got gear to bling my tempmate up :)
My boss also wanted me to give a big thanks to everyone that has contributed here. He has been amazed at how helpful people have been. Gotta love AHB :)

Looks like im useful after all. ;)

Back