Brewmate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a solution to running Brewmate on Linux? I have just switched over to Linux from Windows and have tried installing and running Brewmate with Play on Linux and Mono after a suggestion from Rob the developer in this 2010 post. I got as far as setting up the preferences with Mono, but then it crashed out. Play on Linux didn't want to play the game either. I have only just started using Brewmate, so it wouldn't be the end of the world as I never used software previously and just relied on hand calcs or in the last year on the Brewsfriend online calcs with my recipes stored on a recipe sheet (word doc). I know that Brewsmith runs on Linux, but my preference is freeware like Brewmate, but mostly because it is so straight forward and user friendly.

Depending on your distro there are a couple of reasonably good Linux programs - Brewtarget being one that I use. It takes a bit of tweaking to get all your extras in, but once set up, it's pretty good.

I know wort is on Android, but haven't bothered to see if there's been a port to .deb or .rpm.

Back