Brewdog / Mikkeller Collab, Shared Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have brought in a few Brewdog orders and haven't been charged anything by customs yet. They always describe the contents as 'yeast samples'.

Note that WET doesn't apply to beer, so we would be looking at GST + duty of 5% I think.

If the order is for a few cartons customs might get suspicious...
You are right in that there is no WET on beer but sadly at current excise rates (effective Aug 2 2010) you will be looking at roughly $1.17 per bottle in excise.
((9.5%abv - 1.15)*$42.31)/(100/0.33)
It might pay to factor that in just on the chance that you do get hit with it.

If the order is for a few cartons customs might get suspicious...
You are right in that there is no WET on beer but sadly at current excise rates (effective Aug 2 2010) you will be looking at roughly $1.17 per bottle in excise.
((9.5%abv - 1.15)*$42.31)/(100/0.33)
It might pay to factor that in just on the chance that you do get hit with it.

Thanks for working that out mate. The order is only two cases so should be ok. My case of 18% Abstrakt came through no probs, but I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case!

Edit: iPhone+alcohol=typo

The beer arrived early this morning.

hardcoreu_1.jpg

Unfortunately box #2 was a little worse for wear:

hardcoreu_2.jpg

Only three bottles were broken. I've been advised by AusPost that I need to lodge a paper form for the damaged parcel, so will be doing that at lunch time.

The good news is that they are here, no duty was charged by customs, and there is enough for everyone.

Please PM me your contact details (if you haven't already) and we'll organise delivery / pickup.

Looking forward to tasting one tomorrow night after I dough in an ESB!

Back