BrewDog Electric India Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neal.p

Reaction score
Hi,
I'll be having a crack at the Brew Dog Electric India clone on the weekend. I'll split the 20L batch into 2x10L batches. With the first being the 'standard' recipe with a malt and honey substitution. The second batch, however, I'm stuck on.

At first I thought about dry-hopping but from what I've read it sounds like the Saison style can be easily overpowered. Add 5g each of Nelson and Amarillo? Or 14g of Sorachi?

I then looked into the different yeasts and ended up with a blend of Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison and WLP 565 Saison 1 - giving a more classical Saison character. Crossing my fingers that an alfoil/cling wrap ferment will avoid a stall.

Third option was to leave out the honey, peppercorns, and coriander seeds. I would rather add something than take away though.

A fourth option could be to ferment with honeydew, pineapple, or mango juice/fruit/syrup?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. If you've brewed this before please let me know what you thought of the outcome.

10L batch is slightly modified from original:

Electric India IPA (ABV 5.2% - IBU 38 - OG 1045)

3.63kg

Extra Pale

250g

Wheat

130g

Munich

8.5g

Coriander

2.5g

Amarillo

5g

Nelson

5g

Amarillo

2.5g

Peppercorns

20g

Nelson

12.5g

Amarillo

62.5g

Leatherwood Honey

Wyeast 3711 - French Saison

I brewed it, was great. Think I used Belle Saison yeast. And I just put the ground peppercorns and coriander in at the end of boil instead of whatever the recipe said.

Latest posts

Back