Brewcraft Newcastle Brown

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theMISSIONARY

Reaction score
I have a tin sitting about that im thinking of putting on Brewcraft Newcastle Brown i need a yeast that wont mind temp's up to 24 :eek:

i should be using dark dry malt or maybe a half and half LDM an DDM

or should i just ditch the idea and do a wheat or Lager :unsure:

cheers all

From past experience with this one you want to add:
  • 200g Chocolate grain -steeped
  • 15gm Hallertau hops @5mins
  • 1.5 Kg Liquid LME
  • Safale S-04
If you want any more info on the how-to, just PM me.

Cheers,

Brett

I have the hops......never used it might have to get some form of Tea strainer?!

IF my brew shop has the Grain i will have ago at "steeping" another thing ive not done lol im a noob

thanks mate

Ok, here's how:
  1. Put your 200g in 2-3 litres of cold water, and slowly bring it up to about 65-70 deg
  2. Let it steep at that temperature for about 20-30 mins
  3. Strain the liquid through a kitchen strainer into another pot, leaving the grain behind in the strainer
  4. Now bring the liquid, in your second pot, up to the boil
  5. Boil it for about 10 minutes
  6. Throw in your 15g of hops pellets, and boil for a further 5 minutes
  7. Pour the whole lot, hops and all, into your fermenter
  8. Add your Newcastle Brown tin, and your extra can of liquid malt extract
  9. Top up to 21 litres with cold water
  10. Chuck in the yeast, and yer off and running
Cheers,

Brett

Too make this more traditional try this I always find that it gives it a much creamier head and a more consistant taste.

You'll need a 1.25 litre of Traditional Sasparilla(sorry about the spelling) Bring to the boil. Then simmer @ 60 degrees for 30 minutes adding a teaspoon of malt every 10 minutes, then half a cup of plain white sugar when u take it off the boil.

Add this to the brew approximately two days before u reach FG for this to be most effective.

Too make this more traditional try this I always find that it gives it a much creamier head and a more consistant taste.

You'll need a 1.25 litre of Traditional Sasparilla(sorry about the spelling) Bring to the boil. Then simmer @ 60 degrees for 30 minutes adding a teaspoon of malt every 10 minutes, then half a cup of plain white sugar when u take it off the boil.

Add this to the brew approximately two days before u reach FG for this to be most effective.

G'day DC - long time no see
Cheers
Steve

P.S. WTF. Sasparilla!?

G'day DC - long time no see
Cheers
Steve

P.S. WTF. Sasparilla!?

Hey Brother.

Yeah have quit brewing but still have my modest equipment so when the cold snap come am thinking of wacking together a few for old times sake.

Hows the ACT?

Ok, here's how:
  1. Put your 200g in 2-3 litres of cold water, and slowly bring it up to about 65-70 deg
  2. Let it steep at that temperature for about 20-30 mins
  3. Strain the liquid through a kitchen strainer into another pot, leaving the grain behind in the strainer
  4. Now bring the liquid, in your second pot, up to the boil
  5. Boil it for about 10 minutes
  6. Throw in your 15g of hops pellets, and boil for a further 5 minutes
  7. Pour the whole lot, hops and all, into your fermenter
  8. Add your Newcastle Brown tin, and your extra can of liquid malt extract
  9. Top up to 21 litres with cold water
  10. Chuck in the yeast, and yer off and running
Cheers,

Brett

Thanks mate!! :icon_chickcheers:

Back