Brew Im Trying

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz2332

Reaction score
Heres what im thinking ( i think i read somewhere on here someone had done it before)

2 x 1.5kg Coopers LME tins (pale)
1kg Dextrose
20g Centennial boiled in 500ml water for 30 min (then into fermenter pellets and all)
40g Amarillo boiled in 500ml water for 20 min (then into fermenter pellets and all)
40g Amarillo boiled in 500ml water for 10 min (then into fermenter pellets and all)
Yeast US05

Any thoughts?
Additions etc?

Thanks Guys and girls

Looks like centerillo ale with an extra 500g of dextrose. Supposed to be a good brew.

is that what its called!
I couldnt find the recipe i saw and guessed the ingrediants to what i could remember!
Is it only 500g dex??
What differance would 1kg dex do over 500gs tho?

Rather than boiling in water, why not dissolve one tin of goo in about 5-7 ltrs of water and then do you hop additions into that?

Other than that, if it where my brew I would do the following:

Drop the dextrose down to 500gms and grab 300 grams of medium crystal. Steep this in 65-70deg water (3-4 ltrs) for about 30mins. Remove the grain, top your water up to about 8 ltrs. Bring to the boil. Once boiling, dissolve one can of goo and then begin your hop additions as per above. Throw in the dex and final can at the end of the boil, stir to dissolve.

Add chilled water to top up to your final volume (20 ltrs) then pitch yeast, ferment @19deg.

Cheers SJ

an extra 500gs of dex with add alcohol.

Cheers SJ

after reading the link would it be better to boil up a big pot of 5ltrs of water add the 1/3rd of the can of go. then add the Centennial then 10 mins later the Amarillo then another 10mins add the other Amarillo?
Then throw the lot into the fermenter and the other can of goo??

And also would u strain the hops or just leave them and chuck into the fermenter?

leave em and chuck the lot into the fermenter. They will settle at the bottom by the time the fermentation is complete.

Cheers SJ

Thanks!
also the brew shop i get my stuff from says he has the coopers Liquid Malt 1.5kg Can
Available in: Light, Amber, Wheat, Dark.

Whats Pale????

Back