Brew Boys Australia Day Bbq

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

himzol

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was at the BrewBoys store today catching up with Stephen and tasting a few of their beers. He informs me that they are having a BBQ on Australia day. So if your in Adelaide and at a loss as to what to do on Australia day what better way then spending it with other brewers and tasting some local wares.

Himzo.

How were their beers tasting Himzo?

C&B
TDA

I've actually tried most of their beers previously and have been pretty impressed. The ones thay had on tap today were the Maiden ale, a Rasberry wheat beer and an Aussie style larger called "charger larger" (as in the car).

The maiden ale was very easy to drink, and I susspect this will become their flagship beer.

I will have to go back with the other half as soon as I tell her about the rasberry wheat, lots of rasberry aroma but more a traditional wheat when it comes to the taste. They are on their last keg of this and will be replacing it with a more traditional wheat called a "sweinhund" (sp)..

The last beer was the charger larger and I found this a bit disapointing, Stephen wasn't happy with it either and has indicated that this will swapped out shortly. Basically just a bit too much Diacetyl for this style of beer.

I did manage to score a stubbie of a "clean skin" which they produced under licence to somebody in Vic to compare against a similar beer I brew at home. :D

H.

Back