Braumeister Brew Video

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sjw, thanks for posting this video,

you have documented a real hands on experience of the equipment,

well done :beer:

yes it is, it took me a while to cut the strings with Beersmith, but its so easy just to choose a famous beer you like and bingo you got a recipe designed just for your own efficiency and volume.

ps. sorry about the crappy quality of the video, something must of happened during the upload to YouTube, but it would appear you all got the idea.
Gunna give Marks St bernadus tripple a go!!!!! he reckons its tops,25kg to Sydney for $10 next day you cant beat MHB!!!!!

SJW I noticed you have a black seal around your upper s/s filter screen plate. Is that a home job? My screen is a pretty pore fit around the malt pipe and I have to scoop a few husks out from the boil after iv'e lifted the pipe. That seal would be perfect.
cheers
Gav

SJW I noticed you have a black seal around your upper s/s filter screen plate. Is that a home job? My screen is a pretty pore fit around the malt pipe and I have to scoop a few husks out from the boil after iv'e lifted the pipe. That seal would be perfect.
cheers
Gav
Mark from MarksHomeBrew includes this and a few other bits with every unit sold. I think he gets it by the metre from Clark Rubber. Just holds the mesh to the screen and makes a real tight seal. No grain in the boil :)

Steve

yes it is, it took me a while to cut the strings with Beersmith, but its so easy just to choose a famous beer you like and bingo you got a recipe designed just for your own efficiency and volume.

ps. sorry about the crappy quality of the video, something must of happened during the upload to YouTube, but it would appear you all got the idea.

Does anyone have a link to the Brewbuilder website?

Is this it?

Mark from MarksHomeBrew includes this and a few other bits with every unit sold. I think he gets it by the metre from Clark Rubber. Just holds the mesh to the screen and makes a real tight seal. No grain in the boil :)

Steve
Thanks Steve i'll hit clark rubber next time im home. Good vid mate, nice to show people how easy it can be.
Gav

I believe brewbuilder is under beta testing at the moment, and hasn't been released to the public.

Enjoyed the video SJW. I have never seen a Braumeister in the flesh and found your video very informative.
Well done.

Enjoyed the video SJW. I have never seen a Braumeister in the flesh and found your video very informative.
Well done.
Thanks mate, I just reloaded the entire video so its not jumping and freaking out anymore. Not thats its worth watching twice. I might make a short simple one next time without all the bullshite.

Steve

Such an inspirational video as regards to efficiency, thanks again. Earlier today I pushed the boat out a bit and ended up with 86% mash efficiency, 83% efficiency into the FV and 78% efficiency into the gut...

had 2 pints of my latest pale ale during the morning and feeling pretty smug about it all.

http://tavastlandbrewing.wordpress.com/201...nd-jubilee-esb/

Such an inspirational video as regards to efficiency, thanks again. Earlier today I pushed the boat out a bit and ended up with 86% mash efficiency, 83% efficiency into the FV and 78% efficiency into the gut...

had 2 pints of my latest pale ale during the morning and feeling pretty smug about it all.

http://tavastlandbrewing.wordpress.com/201...nd-jubilee-esb/
Great link there buddy. Yes those numbers come out pretty much the same as mine. I would not even bother stirring the mash either. One question, how fine do you crack your grain? I find that the pump does not like to fire back up after the pump break. I have discovered that while ever there is a slow back flow through the mash and pump the pump wont fire until that has stopped. I suspect I might be crushing a bit fine and it takes longer than the pre set pump break for the wort to level out between the inside the malt pipe and outside. I was going to crack a bit more coarse next time and see how that goes.
The pump will start for a second but makes a buzzing noise and the wort rises a bit in the pipe then stops and just keeps doing this. I need to pause the BM and let the mash equal out before it fires up again.
Would be interested if anyone else has this issue.

Steve

Great link there buddy. Yes those numbers come out pretty much the same as mine. I would not even bother stirring the mash either. One question, how fine do you crack your grain? I find that the pump does not like to fire back up after the pump break. I have discovered that while ever there is a slow back flow through the mash and pump the pump wont fire until that has stopped. I suspect I might be crushing a bit fine and it takes longer than the pre set pump break for the wort to level out between the inside the malt pipe and outside. I was going to crack a bit more coarse next time and see how that goes.
The pump will start for a second but makes a buzzing noise and the wort rises a bit in the pipe then stops and just keeps doing this. I need to pause the BM and let the mash equal out before it fires up again.
Would be interested if anyone else has this issue.

Steve

I have had this issue when putting in over 5kg of grain, I usually turn it off and stir the grain at this point as I thought I had milled too fine and the mash was getting stuck. I have not tried just turning off the BM and letting the levels equalise.

I had this problem when I was stirring the mash. I also suspect I wasn't priming the pump right at the start. I haven't had this problem since I stopped stirring mash between each step and primed the pump with the bm tilted with tap pointing up at 45 degrees. Last brew I did had 5.6 kilos

... One question, how fine do you crack your grain?...

I use the old Corona mill and I do get more flour than I would like to. It seems to be either grain will just pass through uncracked or pulverise it a bit too much.

18 brews and only once I heard a weird noise from the pump and I suspected it was a grain trapped inside, the noise soon passed though. Knock on wood, the pump seems to be a right work horse.

Back