Boag's Latest Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or there's the clean the dirt of the neck of the bottle before drinking theory...... or the...theory.......

Or to cover up the crap taste theory.

Drinking a Corona without the lemon is like drinking a bottle of swamp water. I can't see how they can charge $50 a carton.

Surely the new Boag's can't be as bad as Corona.

The big laugh here is originally Corona was the beer of Mexico's "great unwashed" :eek:

Basically megaswill for the starving masses. How it ever developed yuppie appeal is beyond me. Tastes like bad water.

Edit: spelling

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
The big laugh here is originally Corona was the beer of Mexico's "great unwashed" :eek:

Basically megaswill for the starving masses. How it ever developed yuppie appeal is beyond me. Tastes like bad water.

Edit: spelling

Warren -
[post="77328"][/post]​

Apparently Fosters is popular overseas...

If it is imported it MUST be good.. otherwise why would they import it?

The grass is always greener.

a lot of these wishy washy beers taste like carbonated dish washing water
st.george tastes like they switched to the lemon detergent

Well, I'll avoid the beer!! Was thinking of getting a carton to give it a try, but I think I'll get something else... that's maybe drinkable.

tangent said:
a lot of these wishy washy beers taste like carbonated dish washing water
st.george tastes like they switched to the lemon detergent
[post="77344"][/post]​

Couldn't have said it better myself!

It is Bland with a capital B

As for corona i knew a bloke years ago who used to call it mexican peons p**s,spot on really.

blame our goverment for the excise or tax they slug on alcohol so they can be rich and retire easy for the rest of their lives while we get ripped off but then i ralely buy beer as i brew it

but then i ralely buy beer as i brew it
[post="77676"][/post]​
[/quote]

Hear,hear, and i certainly wouldn't be wastin it on coronas, when i could buy Duvel,Weihenstephaner hefe or Sam Adams Boston lager for around the same price for a treat now and again :excl: :chug:

You wouldn't have needed to taste St George to know it would taste like camel piss.
It comes in a clear bottle with a gold label.
Think of the only beers that come in clear bottles,
Tooheys extra dry :angry:
Carlton cold :angry:
Corona's :angry:
Carlton's Premium dry :angry:

How can they continue to make such utter crap when beer can taste so good.

Its all about marketing. Id rather go for a nice bottle of aus wine than megaswill. that said, the latest extra dry tv ad with the washing machine, vacuum cleaner & the pool cleaner makes me chuckle every time. perhaps megaswill breweries are too afraid of product quality beating marketing ?? thou coopers seems to be making lion nathan poop its pants at the moment :p

Yeah, I've been enjoying the newspaper ads they have been taking out, where Coopers basically tells LN to bugger off, and LN says it is sough australian, somehow.

Latest posts

Back