Bitter Lager-possible Infection?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woolies here doesnt stock it but I seen it at big W I think it was they have dextrose LDME and the brew enhancer which is a mixture of malt, dextrose and maltodextrin (i think its called) I only used dextrose and malt. You can also get liquid malt thats 1.5kg I think and that is equivalent to 1kg of dry malt as its about 25% water I think

Yeah I live in a small town only got a woolies and a foodworks >.<. If I can getto townsville I will look around.

(nearest brewshop is about 2hrs away)

Not sure if this excuse washes these days. Unless you've got to go as far for your mail, I guess.

Ok so i need a cooling box, would a fridge that isn't plugged in keep those sort of temps?
A really simple way to cool your fermenter is to wrap it in a wet towel and re-wet the towel every day or so. You can also adjust your temperature by how much wet towel you have over the fermenter - or if you really want to cool it further, put a fan onto it (but you'll need to re-wet it more often).

A really simple way to cool your fermenter is to wrap it in a wet towel and re-wet the towel every day or so. You can also adjust your temperature by how much wet towel you have over the fermenter - or if you really want to cool it further, put a fan onto it (but you'll need to re-wet it more often).

Well I got an old barfridge at the moment which isn't doing anything all I got to do is put a new thermistor in it but for my other fermenters I will give the wet towels a go.

Not sure if this excuse washes these days. Unless you've got to go as far for your mail, I guess.

Yeah good point will probably end up ordering through the net and getting it sent to me.

(sorry for the double post but I couldn't find the edit button)

There is really no reason to worry about the possible pitfalls of ordering from the board's sponsors. I've only used two personally but both delivered great products in a timely fashion and if you plan your order with postage in mind you can even get the prices better than your closest LHBS.

Your beer will thank you too.

Back