Beer Line Cleaning Keg!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Hoppy,

If you just want to use this for line cleaning you don't need the post. The actual stiff grey plastic tube that goes between the nozzle and the handle that has the trigger on it is 8mm OD. So if you take that off you can attach standard 8mm beer line directly to the pressure sprayer.

With that in mind, it's better to get a john guest adapter that allows you to easily connect 8mm line to 8mm line. Then you can use the pressure sprayer itself to push the cleaning solution through the lines. No need to waste co2.

Hi M^B,

What I was hoping for was to be able to just plug in the ball lock connection from the taps (that normally click onto the beer out post on the keg) onto the pressure sprayer and run through the taps that way. But I'll take the laptop out to the beer fridge and re-read your post to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Worked it out. Thanks again M^B. Screwed the beer out cornie post fitting onto the spray wand thread and it works fine.

Now to mix up some warm PBW.

I've seen mention of Napisan to use as keg and beer line cleaner. Does this work and if so what quantity of Napisan to water?

Worked it out. Thanks again M^B. Screwed the beer out cornie post fitting onto the spray wand thread and it works fine.

Now to mix up some warm PBW.

I've seen mention of Napisan to use as keg and beer line cleaner. Does this work and if so what quantity of Napisan to water?
Hi hoppy,

my usual dilution is 1 teaspoon to 2l of water, others prob different but that works for me.

Cheers
matt

Back