Beer Fridge Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you get the industrial thermostat from?

I had a play around with the fridge last night, and something seems odd. When you turn the thermostat to max, it cools to 3-4 degrees. Then when you turn the thermostat to it's warmest setting, the fridge keeps running. The fridge will turn off, when you turn the thermostat to OFF. The fridge turns on, as soon as you start turning the dial.

I thought that when you turn the thermostat to warmer settings, the fridge turns off when the desired temperature is reached.

Am I close or way off?

Cheers,
Jase

Hey Jase, this sounds kind of similar to my keg fridge which is running off an external thermostat now (the TS-040 ones that I've posted about before). I've pretty much decided that the internal thermostat is bung but like you I played and played and couldn't seem to work it out, it didn't make sense. I gave up and use my external one now. But by the sounds of it your fridge is behaving exactly like mine did. The difference is though that my fridge was getting down to like -10-12C.

I'd like to free up my external thermostat by just using a normal fridge one (as I only want normal fridge temps, I already have a fermenting fridge) but it looks as though that would be too much work. Hence I'm still using my external one.

Look up the gro-warm thread for one idea.

Cheers, Justin

It's a sad occasion at the household tonight.

Got home to find that the circuit breaker had tripped, and the cause of this was the fridge.

It is with sad regret to mention that the fridge is DEAD......

R.I.P. Old Mate.

Jase

Jgriffin's right! Get your new chest freezer, but keep the old fridge and just put a frozen 3L juice bottle in with your fermenting ales. With 30C days here in brisbane, I've found that 1 frozen 2L bottle keeps my ale at 17-18C all day, and best of all I'm not using any electricity or cycling the motor on and off with a thermostat!

- Snow

Latest posts

Back