Beer Fights Cancer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damonc

Reaction score
Could it be true? I'll drink to it anyway.

13. Have a beer tonight.
Beer protects against the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, known to cause ulcers and possibly linked to stomach cancer. But don't overdo it. Drinking more than one or two alcoholic drinks a day may increase your risk of mouth, throat, esophageal, liver, and breast cancer.

(http://www.rd.com/health/cancer/31-simple-ways-to-prevent-cancer/article.html)

beer will never fight cancer. just ask my 23 year old brother who's in rehab after having the lower part of his spine and half his pelvis removed <_<

beer will never fight cancer. just ask my 23 year old brother who's in rehab after having the lower part of his spine and half his pelvis removed <_<

Slap down of yet another #$$#@%$@ STUPID sensationalist article, quoting inconclusive research probably well out of context, with the majority of the real information missing............. <_< Take all the "may be's, possibly's, might's , suggestions and could's" out of articles like this and what do you have? NOTHING. Media spin and bullshit. Spare us. Please.

ie: "antioxidant that may help prevent skin cancer"

"unstable compounds that can damage cells and lead to diseases including cancer."

"Studies suggest that garlic can reduce the incidence of stomach cancer"

"Many studies suggest getting the ideal levels of vitamins"

hmmmmmm...lots of definite's in there.........

Suggested by many top doctors: "Drink lots of beer you WILL get drunk"

QldKev research :p :p

Back