Barons Premium Beer Tasting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
Just received this in my inbox... I'm sure there will be some here keen to attend.
Pete

BARONS PREMIUM BEER TASTING
From 10.30am to 1.30pm this Saturday come taste and meet brewer Richard Adamson at
Porters Liquor Hornsby Hts 110 Galston Road Hornsby hts.
Regards Max

try these Barons beers! They seem to have the right idea in regards to making good malty beers. I was impressed.
There's always someone on AHB who bags everything commercial (Gage Roads London Bitter thread) but IMO these beers deserve a few tastes.

They are worth a try in my book too. I think the ESB and the Wattleseed are pretty good, the lager and the pale ale are OK. I tried the lemon myrtle wit a few weeks back on tap in Melbourne - nice and refreshing with a really unique lemon hint.

Slightly OT, I had a disappointing Barons experience at one of my local pubs. Singleton is very much megaswill territory so when Baron's Pale Ale came on tap I was excited. There for lunch one day, I already had downed a couple of said megaswills and it was only when I went to the gents that I noticed Barons was available. There was one A4 sized poster in the whole place advertising it (outside the gents) and the tap which was serving the beer was the least visible of the 12 or so they have (at the end of the back bar next to the gents). So I asked for one and they said they couldn't pour me one - the lines were frozen or something. I am dead certain that when the Barons rep rings the publican to ask him if he wants another keg, he'll get "na mate, noone's buying it."

edit: atrocious American style grammar

Now I know who you're talking about. A Bottlo my way had the wattleseed in (once). Pretty nice beer, but I suspect I was one a very small number buying it, so it never re-appeared.

I manage a bottleshop in St Kilda, Vic. I'm only stocking the Pale ale and the Lager of the Barons range. The rep and I are on great terms (thanks to this awesome tshirt he gave me), and he's slid me a few of the ESB, Black Wattle and Lemon Myrtle Wit. All three are great beers, especially for a young microbrewery, but the base line for me is that I'll never be able to get in all 5 or so based on shelf space and customer tastes.

I think I need to open my own place.

i just got back from sydney on tuesday and saw barons advertised on the back of buses everywhere. sadly I didnt see it for sale anywhere I went, but admittedly it wasnt a beer focused trip.

I've found they are still a bit variable. The first ESB I bought was some of the best beer I've found from Australia. I bought a second lot and was disappointed (still better then VB). I bough another lot that sate somewhere in between.

Still, considering it's better than the mainstream beers and cheaper, why would you buy anything else if you were after a bitter beer?

I did buy one of the other (can't remember if it was Pale ale or Lager), but that was nothing special.

i could do some serious damage with the wit and the lager if they were on tap nearby.

Had the black wattle at the Australian Beer fest and the wit and I thought both were great.
The ESB I've had before in bottles and I wasn't too inspired, although others have commented that it is inconsistent.

The boys at Barons certainly have the advertising running full throttle for a micro!! Hope they keep brewing stuff like the BW and Wit

Latest posts

Back