Bad, Very Bad Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifteenbeerslater

Reaction score
Well Iam over in Karachi Pakistan at the moment and have to say this must be the the worst beer I have come across. Murrees Classic Lager. Its the only beer you can get and must be consumed in your hotel room ONLY. It is ordered thru room service and copy of your passport must be supplied and a Government form signed each time alcohol is purchased.
Well Ive been on it now for a few days and had a chance to give it a good trial.
When opening you are sure the beer is flat, very very low carbonation.
Pour it into a glass and no way you can get a head.
Very cloudy.
Taste is hard to describe- malty and hops but NOT good, stale taste.
Cheers and wish I could have one of my brews (or even a VB? ??)
15BL :eek:
Will post photos later

Guess that'll teach you for going to Pakistan...Next time, Belgium or Germany...hell even Yanktown :D

Note: if this post offends you culturally...put on your big girl panties and deal with it :ph34r:

Guess that'll teach you for going to Pakistan...Next time, Belgium or Germany...hell even Yanktown :D

Note: if this post offends you culturally...put on your big girl panties and deal with it :ph34r:
Guess the beer is better in Kenwick- Have a real beer for me PLEASE :chug:

:lol: See he's going to put a real load of effort in there... Says he's a tea-totaller.

Warren -

Did you read this line in the article:

"You see, in this country, it's more honourable if you're caught killing than having a glass of beer in your hand."

:eek:

- Luke

THAT IS THE CALL OF THE DAY!!!!! WHAT A PISSER!! :D :D

Despite selling alcohol, the sportscar-collecting Bhandara is a teetotaller.

Never trust a bald barber, or a teetotaller brewer :p

Chin up 15BL, I'm sure you'll be out of there soon and back to the land of homebrew.

Doc

Hi 15bl,

Doesn't sound too good at all and after reading the age article it doesn't sound like it is going to get any better either.
I guess there is no real market for an ice bank chiller or any other brewing and dispensing equipment over there :lol:
I bet you will be glad to get back to your own brew.

Cheers

What happens if you get really charged up in your hotel room and go out in public? :chug: firing squad? :ph34r:

What happens if you get really charged up in your hotel room and go out in public? :chug: firing squad? :ph34r:

Nah I think they make you a member of their national cricket team Jayse. ;)

Warren -

well if i ever go overseas it won't be to pakistan!

My earlier post was actually a serious question, what would happen if he wandered down into the street after he charged up in the hotel room and was caught drunk in public?
I gather it would be a very serious offense.

They don't mind giving out a good old beating so I guess that would be a start.
You could end up like the Aussies that got pissed on the Arab flight a few months ago and rot in a cell until someone came looking for you.

My earlier post was actually a serious question, what would happen if he wandered down into the street after he charged up in the hotel room and was caught drunk in public?
I gather it would be a very serious offense.

Jayse,

If you go make sure you wear your shorts, thongs and T-shirt or singlet before you come out of the room :super: Maybe your mankini :D

cheers

Darren

Back