Aussie Stuff Up Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDJ

Reaction score
Did a BIAB brew the other day and decided to break most of my own rules, ie: dont drink b4 brewing, dont drink b4 brewing with a mate.
First sign of trouble was when I tried to lift the bag out and found I had burnt a hole through it, bugger :eek: ( must get a taller trivet) the whole bag cacked itself and emptied into the brew, double bugger!! used what was left of the bag and put it over a fermenter then sieved the grain from the brew, tipped it into the boil pot and fired up the nasa burner, must have had too much of a rolling boil as the wort boiled of at a suprisingly fast rate, damm it, should have checked it every stubbie, not every 2nd one :rolleyes:
Time to put the 1st hop addition in, all goes well, 2nd hop addition the bag fell of its hook and into the wort, tripple bugger, time to siphon the wort into a cube, I now have a badly burnt right foot as this did not go well, main thing is the brew is in the lagering fridge happliy bubbleing away and my foot will heal, eventually
Lesson learnt, nah bugger it we had to much fun :D :D

Back