Attempt At My First Biab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad i did something right haha. Advice was taken on board 2 home brews down :chug: . and the pot is cooling in an ice bath i have enjoyed the day but will def try something a little simpler next time. It didnt look or smell to flash but to hell with it i had grabbed a dry yeast to throw in it instead of a liquid one so if it works it works if not chalk it up to experince :icon_cheers:

I wish I had that same advise about having a home brew on my first BIAB! The first few where a nightmare on the numbers but it takes awhile to get your equipment profile down and a bunch of other stuff, my first brew was meant to be 23lt I ended up with 15lt lol but it still tasted great. The software was the hardest thing for me to work out, remember to post some pictures!!!

I wish I had that same advise about having a home brew on my first BIAB! The first few where a nightmare on the numbers but it takes awhile to get your equipment profile down and a bunch of other stuff, my first brew was meant to be 23lt I ended up with 15lt lol but it still tasted great. The software was the hardest thing for me to work out, remember to post some pictures!!!

hahahahahahhaah funny you say that i just heffed the pot out of the ice bath and added to fermenter OH SHIT 5ltrs not the nine i wanted. and to make it worst took a hydro and got 1070 :icon_vomit: (ment to be a spitting beer icon best i could do) lol so by this point not too stressed prob due to the fact i have had too many homebrews and just diluted it to 7 ltrs with clean water to get a 1042 reading. clearly didnt squeeze that effing bag hard enough and then boiled the wort away lol. Glad my last brew worked so well and ill have some beer shortly supplies were running low.

hey guys i fermented the wort and got great foaming but now that it has subsided it has white floaty bits. looked a bit sus umed and ahhed if i should post and ask help. decided first to take a hydro reading just so i can get a closer look smell etc the reading said 1010 being only 7ltrs i can imagine it happening quicker. the beer smelt a bit funky a slight polony smell (not what i was going for lol) taste wasnt great im guessing soapy having looked up in how to brew it didnt really clear things up as it said it is usually from being left too long in primary. Any suggestions guy would be awsome

cheers Bruce

this is the best photo i could get with my bad camera sorry. Well that wont work sorry no photos

leave it at least another 4 days doubt it will drop any more but it will only do good. what temps did you ferment at??

leave it at least another 4 days doubt it will drop any more but it will only do good. what temps did you ferment at??

20deg and but since only running the freezer off the stc it drops a couple of degrees under when it cools

Back